Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a wheel for Tesla 3 that looks like this one ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019_acura_nsx_wheelcap.jpg

I recently was driving , and saw a new Acura NSX driving next to me and loved how the wheels looked , (especially on a red on a red car like mine) and they looked amazing as the wheels rolled.

I have a red 3 and this is the first wheel that really grabbed my attention as I like the bright and somewhat flashy look , and especially how they looked in motion .

Reactions: MitchMitch

TESLA OEM 19" Wheel
Material Aluminum
Size 19" x 8.5"
Diameter 19"
Width 8.5"
Lugs 5
Bolt Pattern 112mm
Offset 40mm
Style 10 Spoke

NSX Front 19" Wheel
Material
Aluminum
Size 19" x 8.5"
Diameter 19"
Width 8.5"
Lugs 5
Bolt Pattern 114.3mm
Offset N/A
Style 5 Split Spoke

The big difference is the Bolt Pattern
Tesla 112mm vs NSX 114.3mm

Is it possible to modify the wheel to work , or would it cost a fortune to modify? or simply not possible ?

Or does someone make the same style wheel in the correct spec ?

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
Yes thanks , it looks like the bolt pattern is the same for both Model3 and NSX , so that is the good news .

Here is some more info I found on another website on the NSX wheel

Center Bore: 64.1 mm
Power: 573 hp | 427 kW | 581 PS
Torque: 127 Nm
Thread Size: M14 x 1.5
245/35ZR19
93Y
Rim : 8.5Jx19 ET55

So it seams that they both have the same Thread size, Center Bore and 19" rim width and bolt pattern !

Stock Tesla 19 Wheel is
235/40ZR19
96W

But is the NSX offset 55mm compared to 40mm Tesla ?

What does that mean in practical terms as to usability ?
and is it just a simple fix of adding a 15mm spacer ?

How is the hub different ?

What else needs to be checked or modified ?

So far I have not found a weight listed for the NSX wheel... so that may need more investigation to verify that it is not too heavy .

Last edited:
Thanks Pound , that is very close to the NSX wheel look for sure !

And it looks like we can get it in the 18” size as well , as I would like to keep my car to the stock aero wheel size if possible.

At 8.5 kg (18.73 lbs) for the 18” , I will have to look up how that compares to the aero wheel weight .

Friend of Mine has these on his Golf R. Forged to spec https://www.prodigywerks.com/wheels

83918a_06f320df0da14707b5eec97ea91d8f0a~mv2.webp

• Tesla model 3: Weight: 21.6 lbs (Without Aero Cover), 23 lbs (With Aero Cover)
Prodigy, NSX replica wheel has a weight of 18.75 lbs

So a savings of about 2.85 lbs over the stock wheel without cover.

I know nothing about wheel design, but am thinking that the weight savings should make up for less aerodynamic design ( compared to driving stock wheel without the cover ) ?