TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is there an app for superchargers...

Discussion in 'North America' started by AluminiumStork, Jan 12, 2015.

1. AluminiumStork

Hello all,
    I am looking to go from Miami to Sea Side this summer and apart from google mapping distances between superchargers is there an app that can give me a supercharger to supercharger distance? This way I can do a quick 'at charger time' calculation.
    Example: From my house to Fort Drum is 170 so I know I will be at fort drum around 30 min. Next stop would be Ocala, 146 miles away so 25 min at supercharger. Next is lake city 80 miles away, so 15 min stop, and finally DeFuniak Springs 222 miles so around 40 min for a total of 1 hour 50 min at superchargers.
    There has to be an app that calculate this for you ahead of time... That way I can plan the route so I know that... say at DeFuniak I can plan dinner to kill the 40 min + charge.

2. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Not an app that I know of, but there is Superchargers. If you click on a supercharger, you can "add to route" and build a SC-to-SC route. You can add any non-SC destination by right-clicking on a location and choosing Add to Route from the pop-up menu.

3. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

Evtripplanner.com might help you out as a Web based tool.

4. AluminiumStork

Okay... this helps! Thanks Robert. Hopefully they will make it into an app (maybe an interface app)

5. Karma

Karma Member

Lake City to DFS is about 267 rated miles in a Model S 85, driving at speed limit. It's a tight squeeze to get there until they open something in Tallahassee to ease the pain.
    Would love to hear of anyone making this leg successfully.

6. AluminiumStork

267? I plugged it in on the supercharge.info and it read 222. Either case it is tight, and yes a Tallahassee station would fix that issue. No mention of a station going up in Tallahassee... seems weird since it is such a long stretch...

7. randompersonx

randompersonx Member

Tallahassee is on the official end-of-2015 map.

8. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Careful of the supercharger listing in the car. It gives you straight line distance until you actually click the link and put it into "show me the route" mode.

9. AluminiumStork

Thanks Chipper... In that case, one would have to stop in Tallahassee and recharge for an hour. Supercharger gave me a 243 mile run from Lake city straight to seaside (Which is still to tight) unless those are under 55mph roads.
    I also forgot to calculate that after 80%, charge slows down... So basically Lake city might be an hour + charge.
    Looks like after Lake city I will have to use the plugshare app to find a CHAdeMO.

Just checked... and found a high power Tesla plug (2 of them) at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee...

10. jjchan

jjchan Member

AS:

Just curious how are you going to use a CHAdeMO? I assume you're driving a MS.