Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there any Ceramic "coating" stuff for Model-3 interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Was watching a Youtube video where the detailer's shop person was spraying some (as per him) ceramic liquid cleaner/protector on the car seats. As per him, it safe guards the leather from spills or even minor scuffs caused (especially to white leather seats) by clothes (jeans??) when we get in/out of the car.

He didn't mention about the ceramic product available. Hence, does anyone know about such a product, it's performance, where can it be purchased?

Thanks,
S.

Yes, there's ceramic coating products that can be used for the interior (leather, plastics, vinyl, fabric, etc.) Typically the benefits are hydrophobic properties, UV protection, and some protection against jean dye. We often coat the interiors for people trying to keep the white as clean as possible or if they want protection from spills and jean dye.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Kim on her Like Tesla YouTube channel was having gtechniq Leather Guard applied. You can see the detailer holding the bottle. (I think the company says that’s a “nano” coating rather than ceramic. )

L1 Leather Guard AB Usa.gtechniq.com

I asked the question here but no one with real world experience replied to say if it works. One person just posted no harm was done. I asked the company if it’s safe for synthetic Tesla leather and they said yes. The consensus of people speculating without actual experience was that their seats have held up well without the product. Jean transfer comes off, though one YouTube guy (Bjorn) couldn’t fully get out jeans stains with the one product he used. His seat type has since been discontinued.

One possible benefit is that the protector MIGHT help on the stitching. I do read that this can get darker over time, and people suggested using a qtip to “bleach” the stitching (I can’t recall exactly what product was recommended for that).

Yes, there's ceramic coating products that can be used for the interior (leather, plastics, vinyl, fabric, etc.) Typically the benefits are hydrophobic properties, UV protection, and some protection against jean dye. We often coat the interiors for people trying to keep the white as clean as possible or if they want protection from spills and jean dye.

Cool.. any suggestions which are good?

My recommendation is to find a ceramic coating detailer in your area that you trust and use whichever products they carry. Installer is more important than brand, especially when they perform similarly.

True... but they charge anywhere upwards of $4000. Breaking it down, let's say the cost of all the (professional grade) products used might costs around $800 - $1000, paying rest for labor charges sure breaks the bank.