Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there any efficient method of getting to a P model?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because that low profile tires don't work for everyone. And price difference wasn't always $5k. And until December MYP didn't come with all seasons. Possibly higher insurance costs. LR is fast enough and at least on paper has higher range. Somewhat better ride. It is not always about the money, but $5k is still $5k. It is apparently nothing for you, but many of us aren't in the habit of spending more than we need to just because slightly more gets you a better 0-60 number.
That makes a lot of sense if you're opting for stock wheels. Unfortunately i made the mistake of buying the upgraded wheels for the LR

Reactions: leaftoy
I used to have a Porsche Carrera S (cabriolet) that had the same 0-60 as a booster LR and it was not fast.

4.2 second 0-60 is nowhere close to 3.5 second 0-60.

I feel like just 10 years ago a 3.5 second car would have costs hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The only reason i have LR is because i never wanted the Y. I wanted a CT and the Tesla salesperson convinced me that the LR would have less depreciation and would be easier for me to sell/trade-in when the CT is out but I'm definitely regretting not getting a P now.

Especially since after you get the 20" induction and the boost, the same price is the same.
It’s a rollout start for 3.5s, where boosted long range is a fully stopped 4.2s. I’m pretty sure it’s actually like 3.7s without the rollout. Still faster, but it’s not a 3.5s car. Both have plenty of giddy up.

It’s a rollout start for 3.5s, where boosted long range is a fully stopped 4.2s. I’m pretty sure it’s actually like 3.7s without the rollout. Still faster, but it’s not a 3.5s car. Both have plenty of giddy up.
Agreed, I’d at least buy the AB and see how it works. Think you have 48hours to return it. The hassle of selling/buying another car, tax implications, registration, etc would be too much for me.

Reactions: Big Earl