Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there any free introductory supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking payment at EV charger add complexity and more things that can break down and fix. Even for Non Tester charger, it's easier to use if you have account with payment info already.
Has there ever been an incident where the internet went down and a whole bank of Superchargers were not useable because user authentication was compromised. I hope Tesla thought of redundancy here. Communication hardware can fail or be hacked.

Has there ever been an incident where the internet went down and a whole bank of Superchargers were not useable because user authentication was compromised. I hope Tesla thought of redundancy here. Communication hardware can fail or be hacked.
That would be the same if the supercharger has POS credit card readers. It still needs internet to authenticate the credit card.

Has there ever been an incident where the internet went down and a whole bank of Superchargers were not useable because user authentication was compromised.
The way this has generally been done wasn't with the Superchargers communicating. It was the cars' cellular internet connection that did the reporting and billing.

I hope Tesla thought of redundancy here. Communication hardware can fail or be hacked.
One would hope AT&T's cellular network is better than that.

• Informative
Reactions: UncleCreepy
Practically everything needs internet these days and age for communications. It doesn't matter if it's Tesla or somebody else. What you said is true for basically ALL businesses. They do as much as they can to minimize the risk but there is no such thing as "perfect" system.
Don’t know if you were aware but we in Canada recently had a major network outage that lasted over a day and compromised customers and businesses throughout Canada. It was a configuration issue. So if this happened in the US the Supercharger network is screwed. Can you imagine the turmoil this would cause ?