Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there any reason why my car's charging at 1 amp less than the capacity of the charger, everywhere?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a march 2016 (nosecone / pre facelift) 90D that's had the MCU2 installed.

Whenever I do L2 charging, regardless of where, my car charges at one amp less than the rated capacity of the feed; at home it charges at 240v/15a, at a friend's house with a trickle charger, it charges at 120v/11a, at work it charges at 208v/23a, etc.

Is my car diverting that extra amp to help pay off twitter?

Reactions: EstebanP212
I've just started having the same problem. Amp is off by 1 in both car and app. FW is current 2022.40.4.1 and app is up to date.

Have checked with scan my tesla and the car appears to be drawing at the correct rate, so this is purely a cosmetic bug. May be a rounding problem (rounding down instead of to nearest value).

There was a bug in the app for a while, might still be there, that caused the charge rate to display like this, off by one amp. Does it show that way in the car too or just the app?

Just checked the car, and indeed you're correct -- shows correct in car and incorrectly in app. Super odd. The 2 hardest things in computer science are naming things, cache management, and off by one errors, I guess.

Reactions: Killerlily