Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there any special reason why red is more expensive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It won't be long before the "free" option is bare metal.

7317083b436729a3fb93c10a0a730ed1.jpg

Arguably, pearl white is notoriously a PITA to match especially on different materials and thus can cost just as much to do properly.

Sure is. My last several (pre-Tesla) cars were also Pearl White, and took serious expertise to blend and match.

There’s no such thing as an easy touch-up on a pearlized paint ...

I wish they would switch the free color to something else besides white. Probably 60% of the model 3 i see are white. Another 30% are black and the last 10% is all the rest combined. But blue seem to be the rarest from what I see around here.
It's going to vary. The second most common color of 3 I see besides white is MSM.

And there are a couple of silver cars (now discontinued) running around and they look pretty good.

Besides silver (which was sadly discontinued) white is the only light color in the lineup.....which is the same pallet of colors Tesla has had for the past decade. I’m really starting to get sick of the five and would love to see some new ones, even though I already have my car.

Hell I’d pay an extra three grand for British Racing Green (BRG) if they offered it!

Not all colors have to be changed at once. Many manufacturers add a color/remove a color for different years, gradually changing the lineup. Tesla really could do that if they wanted to.

The most popular ones at least in my neighborhood is white then MSN. I don’t see too many black ones nor blue. I’ve seen one other red one other than mine.

As for other colors. There are other avenues. I’m thinking about getting my white MY wrapped. There are a ton of colors and I was quoted at $2,700.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I changed the color of my PMY from MSM to Red after seeing a buddies new Model S. My wife saw it in the SUN and went GA GA, said it looked like our 2006 Corvette. The color would go from a deep red in the shade to a stunning Candy Apple Red in the sun. So the next day I changed my order. Funny the day after I changed the color I got a VIN. My EDD is Aug 25-29th.

And regarding RED in the Corvette world they have a saying - All Corvettes are red, the others are a mistake.

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL