Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there anything on the Mach-E that you liked BETTER than your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One preview I saw claims that the frunk has a drain in it, so you can hose it out or fill it with ice (to hold beverages or whatever) and just let the water drain away.

I'm sure it has a lot of other little personal-preference features that Person A might prefer over what Tesla does, but Person B might prefer Tesla's approach.
A well placed hole in the Tesla frunk and a rubber plug is an easy Tesla add-on.

Reactions: elyliu
I ordered a Mustang Mach E last night. Extended battery and AWD. Have a home where Tesla has no service centers or stores! Ford dealership is within several miles.
Instead you gave up being able to easily drive coast to coast using the Tesla Supercharging infrastructure. Get rid of your State politicians who won't allow Tesla in your State. On a different note... glad that you are moving from gas and wish you happiness with your choice to move to EV and helping the planet.

Last edited:
Reactions: UnicornDriver
someone mentioned 360 birds eye view camera or something...
that's about it... (oh yeah, and the 7500 tax thingy)

Speed Sign Recognition like I had on my old AP1 car.

0STPEd8.jpg

The choice is not Ford or Tesla. The important choice is EV vs. Gasser.

I agree completely.

Biggest positive will be the thousands of local Ford Dealerships available to show room the car, offer test rides, take trade ins, provide financing and offer additional service centers.

The cynical part of me notes that traditional dealerships have been soft-pedaling EVs for a long time. Even the Chevy Bolt and Nissan Leaf, which are arguably the most well-established and most-available non-Tesla EVs, are often shoved off into distant parts of dealer lots, with one or two token samples available, compared to dozens or hundreds of gassers. (Not all dealerships do this, of course, but many do.) Of course, Ford could do things differently and incentivize dealers to push the new model, as well as promote it heavily nationally. If not, I expect spotty availability and disappointing sales.

OTOH, another point that might be a plus for the car in a marketing sense is the fact that it's being sold as a Mustang. I could see somebody who's owned Mustangs in the past walk into a Ford dealership and see a bigger and more practical (for their growing family) Mustang hatchback and want to take a look at it for this reason, perhaps even not initially realizing it's an EV. Personally, I don't care about this, and my initial reaction was that calling the car a Mustang was a bit bizarre; but if Ford plays it right, it could be a good marketing move.

I guess we'll just have to wait a year or two to see how this all plays out.