Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there anything on the Mach-E that you liked BETTER than your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One preview I saw claims that the frunk has a drain in it, so you can hose it out or fill it with ice (to hold beverages or whatever) and just let the water drain away.

I'm sure it has a lot of other little personal-preference features that Person A might prefer over what Tesla does, but Person B might prefer Tesla's approach.

Is there demand for a cooler mod with a drain??

I have a home in Northern Wisconsin where no Tesla stores or service centers exist.
But that is true in several places where people own Tesla. My son's state doesn't either but he owns a Tesla. There are rangers in the state that will do some work on his car tho.
Below: Tesla Direct Sales Map (US)
Cf0QpCU.jpg

I currently own a Ford Escape and a Tesla Model S in Michigan. I will purposely never purchase a Big 3 vehicle again in this state because of how they lobbied against Tesla. I plan on swapping out the Escape for a Model Y. No way am I rewarding the big 3 for making my life worse due to no service centers allowed in Michigan. Fortunately I haven’t needed service out of state yet in my 3 years and 44k miles of ownership. But I will bring it to Ohio this spring for a once over before the warranty expires.

but I would like to have 360 view. Not a game changer for me though.

Last edited:
For me, two biggest positives for the Mach E over the Y are the $7500 federal tax credit and the better service availability.

I never thought I'd need much service on my 3, but unfortunately I have. I have a "lite" service center one hour away and a "real" service center five hours away. Mobile service was available when I bought my 3 but Tesla then took mobile away in my area. That coupled with my trouble getting service (non roadside assistance) on the phone is starting me to re-think the model Y. I love Tesla and like the app for making service appointments, but sometimes I need to actually speak to someone. For example, my front passenger window was stuck half way down and I determined I needed the window regulator assembly (I was correct). The app was going to have me wait 2 weeks and drive 5 hours away only to find out the part was not available. I had to do some crazy hacking to actually speak with someone. Tesla service should be better. For those owners that have no service issues, that's great , I had hoped to be one of those owners too.

Reactions: pilotSteve
For me, two biggest positives for the Mach E over the Y are the $7500 federal tax credit and the better service availability.

I never thought I'd need much service on my 3, but unfortunately I have. I have a "lite" service center one hour away and a "real" service center five hours away. Mobile service was available when I bought my 3 but Tesla then took mobile away in my area. That coupled with my trouble getting service (non roadside assistance) on the phone is starting me to re-think the model Y. I love Tesla and like the app for making service appointments, but sometimes I need to actually speak to someone. For example, my front passenger window was stuck half way down and I determined I needed the window regulator assembly (I was correct). The app was going to have me wait 2 weeks and drive 5 hours away only to find out the part was not available. I had to do some crazy hacking to actually speak with someone. Tesla service should be better. For those owners that have no service issues, that's great , I had hoped to be one of those owners too.

will be interesting to see how well Ford and Porsche are able to get parts for repairs. Still an unknown I think.

Oh and sirius, I thought I saw sirius on it. I haven't seen a way to get that on our M3 but then again, we are still learning.

There are standalone SiriusXM receivers. I don't know of any that have bluetooth built-in (to feed audio to the Tesla), but there are products to connect to the line output of the XM receiver and transmit the audio over bluetooth. Another option is to use your smartphone and run the SiriusXM app (it uses LTE data to stream the audio and doesn't use the satellites, so might not work in remote areas w/o cellular coverage)

I don't like Tesla's approach of designing their cars for a future of self driving at the expense of comfort and convenience today. This includes many of the features already mentioned such as heated steering wheel, 360 camera view, and dashboard display behind the steering wheel.

The Mach-E seems better designed for how the car is going to be used today, rather than 5 years down the line by which time I'd be ready for my next new car anyway. I remain skeptical of Tesla's ability to deliver full self driving, and need to see it fully implemented before I factor it into the equation.

From the home in Northern Wisconsin to the Tesla service center outside Chicago is over 350 miles one way. SuperChargers only exist when traveling south 110 miles or 150 miles. Traveling west it is 210 miles one way to the closest fast charging station. Travel east and you are looking at a minimum of 310 miles. North? No fast chargers exist.

From the home in Northern Wisconsin to the Tesla service center outside Chicago is over 350 miles one way. SuperChargers only exist when traveling south 110 miles or 150 miles. Traveling west it is 210 miles one way to the closest fast charging station. Travel east and you are looking at a minimum of 310 miles. North? No fast chargers exist.

I don't know exactly where you live or your exact travel routes, but PlugShare shows a number of CHAdeMO chargers in Wisconsin that are quite a few miles from the nearest Superchargers. If these are located in places that would help fill gaps in your travel routes, you might want to look into buying Tesla's CHAdeMO adapter. It's $450, so it's not cheap, but if it plugs a travel gap for you, it may be worth the cost. It might also be worth checking to see what Tesla, Electrify America, EVgo, ChargePoint, and others might have planned for deployments in the next few months. Sites tracking such planned deployments exist, but I don't happen to have URLs handy.

CCS charging. Tesla's Supercharger network is bigger today than the CCS footprint but that won't last for more than a few years. All auto manufacturers except Tesla will use CCS infrastructure so that network will grow bigger and denser. I would like the option to use a CCS charger if it is more convenient or located where an SC is not available. I have a CHAdeMO adaptor which comes in handy but the practical limit is about 40kW so charging takes much longer.

I thought this video was great. They should have pushed it the same night of the reveal IMO.
(Some familiar themes talked about and catch-phrased in the video. Several nods to another brand).

Making the Mustang Mach-E | Mustang Mach-E | Ford
Nov 21, 2019

Reactions: bsilva