Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there anyway to get more performance out of a S90D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious coming from vehicles with engines there were always tunes available, New headers, New intakes, etc. The cost of the S90D to the same equipped P100D was $40k and that was out of the question at the time I ordered it. Is there anything that can be done to squeeze anymore performance out of a S90D?

Reactions: P100DHG.
Just curious coming from vehicles with engines there were always tunes available, New headers, New intakes, etc. The cost of the S90D to the same equipped P100D was $40k and that was out of the question at the time I ordered it. Is there anything that can be done to squeeze anymore performance out of a S90D?
I'm In the exact same position $40k to go faster just not worth it. Granted you get red brake calipers though does the color red correspond to any performance difference? Maybe. And slightly different tires supposedly though it's hard to say cause Tesla won't tell you what tires come on the S90D with 21s. I mean the P90D was a thing so maybe it is just software.

@BestRadar Do you have the 90D you ordered yet? If not, you may find its performance plenty for everyday driving.
If you do have the car, may I ask what you find lacking in its performance? Do you live in a neighborhood full of Porsche 918's?

Yes, I have had it a few weeks already. In general I have no complaints with the 0-60 times in everyday driving. I personally always want to improve something as its in my nature to do so. I will be adding tint, wheels, painting door handles, wrapping chrome trim, adding front and rear AL Priority laser jammers, Front & Rear Net Radar radar sensors, etc. If a tune (hack) was available to remove some limitations it's something I would do to just get more performance. Every car I have ever had there were always ways to squeeze more HP, I am sure these not P Tesla's have more performance that could be unleashed.

Attachments

• 2528611114475855111-account_id=1.jpg
    2528611114475855111-account_id=1.jpg
    849.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Reactions: prqpn