Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there anyway to turn on 360 Camera's while parrelel parking Model S Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon said last year this was a feature in the works -- "360 camera". It really would be nice to be able just to view the front camera along with the sides and rear for a temporary fix. I need a front camera to avoid hitting the lower front spoiler with curb blocks pulling into a parking space forward.

It doesn’t point at the ground
True, but just like the backup function, it can see and paint the path of the car side lines, and see and paint the stop line in the visualization, so you will know exactly where you are in relation the the parking spot. It doesn't need to have a constant, reference visualization to visualize the area you are parking in, whether it is backing in or going forward in to the spot. It does this as you approach a stop sign or stop light as well.

Tesla to offer bird’s eye view through Autopilot camera in FSD package

Fred Lambert
- Oct. 3rd 2020 11:55 am PT

@FredericLambert

Tesla-Bird-eye-view.jpg

That looks like fake or hacked Car with basement software
Many news organizations have reported this is coming, and Musk confirmed it in a Tweet. Most preliminary reports of new features and new models include visualizations, which of course are fake since it hasn't been written/produced yet. The one I posted also appears to be in Chinese. Thanks for your commentary on the obvious.

1632441222401.png

Reactions: theslimshadyist
Many news organizations have reported this is coming, and Musk confirmed it in a Tweet. Most preliminary reports of new features and new models include visualizations, which of course are fake since it hasn't been written/produced yet. The one I posted also appears to be in Chinese. Thanks for your commentary on the obvious.

View attachment 713347
I wasn’t arguing about the fact if it’s coming or not. I said that pic didn’t look legit.

Reactions: DerbyDave
I wasn’t arguing about the fact if it’s coming or not. I said that pic didn’t look legit.
Agreed. Clearly not legit photo. Bizarre combo of very early release firmware graphics with photoshopped guesstimate of birdseye view.

Still, pretty pathetic a car at this price level and techno-wizardry doesn't have such a mainstream feature. Maybe someday, but I've learned not to hold my breath.

Reactions: WhiteWi