Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there anywhere where one can sit in a model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am over 6 foot and my wife is around 5 foot two. We have issues with pedal and steering location on many of our vehicles. We are close to the factory so that would be a possibility if there is a way to get a “Seating appointment”.
We are an early line stander and expecting our order email to arrive before the 3 is in test drive availability.
Since there were pictures of several hiding under a bridge shouldn’t there be a way for us to have a sit down?
(Also hoping this post will move us up in the schedule since we are special :) )

Or I guess there's camping out at superchargers waiting for a 3 to pull in to strike up a conversation with. :p I've seen the 3 in person just not sat in it or driven it but anxious to do so. Living here in the Bay area, hoping before our invite I'll get that chance if not thru Tesla, then someone who maybe works at the company where my husband is who was part of the first set of deliveries. Our OA, who ended up moving a few blocks from us, decided to get an S for himself instead of the 3 so missed out on riding in his :(. Otherwise I know he would have been happy to show it off.

Reactions: ohmman and Pkmmte
I live in Orange County, CA. Do you think that the delivery centers in Costa Mesa or Marina Del Ray would allow the same type of thing (asking nicely to sit in or at least see a 3 in person)? I am ok with buying without a test drive, but I'd like to see one in person (and preferably in red and/or midnight silver metallic which are the 2 colors I'm considering).

Tesla is usually pretty protective of customer cars (appropriately) - meaning, they're not going to want to let you sit in an undelivered car. You'd have better luck, imo, asking a new owner if you can sit in their car.

The supercharger suggestion is a good one. You're bound to find a Model 3 or two & owners who will be excited to show off their new car.