Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there open-source data to track and analyse my car's driving and usage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla gang,

So I have subleased my car to a friend with a strong fear of misuse like
1. letting his friends drive for long trips,
2. giving it on turo, rent at other places

Is there any way that Tesla provides open source data of your car to detect if
a. The car has been unlocked via fob versus the phone bluetooth
b. The car is running with a particular bluetooth device paried (or no bluetooth paired)
c. The parking location of the car in the night?

Being able to get a,b, or c will give me a peace of mind by confirming that its not being misued.

Any other ideas or thoughts that I could use?

Looks to me like a) and b) aren't available via Tesla's API. For c), you can use TeslaFi or any one of those similar apps.

Check this out -- it's an open-source self-hosted app (ie. you need to do the work to set it up) that provides many of TeslaFi's functionalities:
Yet another self-hosted data logger for your Tesla

You can see every trip the car has made, including the speed and elevation, with the route plotted on a map. Also shows history of locations the car has visited, charging session stats, etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dre78
Looks to me like a) and b) aren't available via Tesla's API. For c), you can use TeslaFi or any one of those similar apps.

Check this out -- it's an open-source self-hosted app (ie. you need to do the work to set it up) that provides many of TeslaFi's functionalities:
Yet another self-hosted data logger for your Tesla

You can see every trip the car has made, including the speed and elevation, with the route plotted on a map. Also shows history of locations the car has visited, charging session stats, etc.

+1 for teslamate. It's awesome and free!