Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there really a difference? 2015 vs 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! Sounds like you are always watching the road, ready to take over as Tesla recommends.

To me, Tesla autopilot is like letting your 16 year old drive when he/she gets a learner's permit. Not very relaxing, because the new driver may lose control at any time. In fact its somewhat less relaxing than driving yourself.
I absolutely felt that way at first. And like with your 16 y/o, you gradually come to trust her more and more as time goes by. That's what's happened to me as I learn where the AP works 100% of the time and where she needs more support. I can definitely relax more now than I could 2 months ago at inception. And I also have another 16 y/o coming through the ranks in the next 6 months. I think I'll be a better teacher now after having worked through AP (and a couple other daughters)!

Took delivery of my 2015 P90D last week. Love the car, but also loved my 2013. Aside from the performance, is there really a difference worth the upgrade? It's a decision I struggled with for 8 months before finally pulling the trigger. The auto pilot software was what finally put me over the edge. Beyond that and Next Gen seats, can't say there's really much of a difference. I got the same joy out of my 2013 as I do the 2015. The 2015 allows me to show off its muscle to friends. Is that worth another $33,000?? That's for each individual to decide. The next gen seats are certainly nicer, but not quite as big of a difference as I expected. The Auto Pilot feature so far has done more of scaring the crap out of me than it has been a useful tool. Jury is still out on that one. Assuming it will get better with time.

Overall, absolutely love my new car, but at the same time, I loved my 2013 too.

View attachment 104523

View attachment 104522

Beautiful cars! What type of wheels are those? I have a CPO coming with the 19" base wheels and that is the first thing I want to change. However, I would like to keep the 19" size for the perceived ride quality improvements.