Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there storage in the center console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was at the Tesla Store in Menlo Park yesterday and trying to figure out if there is any storage in the center console where the cup holders live? Seems like the sliding armrests should open up or something.

Is there a storage compartment there?

Last edited:
When did they open a Mt view store?

I think i might start cutting some Lacewood for my center this afternoon. I'll post pics.
Planning on just a flat piece that covers the middle but fits between the rails to make it look even smoother in the center
plan on trying black analine dye, we'll see what happens..

When did they open a Mt view store?

I think i might start cutting some Lacewood for my center this afternoon. I'll post pics.
Planning on just a flat piece that covers the middle but fits between the rails to make it look even smoother in the center
plan on trying black analine dye, we'll see what happens..

Would love to see pictures when you are done.

Someone (other than me) needs to take it apart and see what we can do with it ...

... or not ....

I need a few more weeks. I'm not shy about disassembling my cars, most are like tinker toys and just pop apart and back together. But when things are this new, and nothing's rattling and nobody has posted a "how to" yet I get just a tad anxious about being the first. I suspect there is some usable space in there, but figuring out how to use it will be the trick. What I'd like to do is find a way to mount some cup holders on it for the back seat passengers.

I suspect I've spent as much time as any owner in and around the center channel area. The short answer is that there is no easy (or even hard) way to use the center tower for front storage (with the except of putting things in the existing cup holders). The number of modifications to the tower preclude an easy and aesthetic solution. The cubbie is the only storage in the front area that comes with the car and it's not closed.

For rear storage, there is an opportunity to craft something in the curved indentation in the back of the tower near the floor. It would leave the floor flat (to accommodate three rear passengers, but still be functional. I have a few ideas along those lines that I'll share once my current Model S project is completed and on the market.

I suspect I've spent as much time as any owner in and around the center channel area. The short answer is that there is no easy (or even hard) way to use the center tower for front storage (with the except of putting things in the existing cup holders). The number of modifications to the tower preclude an easy and aesthetic solution. The cubbie is the only storage in the front area that comes with the car and it's not closed.

For rear storage, there is an opportunity to craft something in the curved indentation in the back of the tower near the floor. It would leave the floor flat (to accommodate three rear passengers, but still be functional. I have a few ideas along those lines that I'll share once my current Model S project is completed and on the market.

Pretty much what I expected. I, too, have some thoughts for that indented space, but no means to implement. Let me know if you want to hear my ideas.