Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there such a thing as too much white?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my model 3 (hooray!) white exterior, white interior. I've always LOVED white/black combos inside cars because its so clean and futuristic looking.

I'm currently buying some accessories and of course one of the first things I want is a console wrap. I find myself incredibly torn between a matte/carbon/matrix black and a matte white.

I'm worried that white will be just tooooo much white inside the car. The seats are already blindingly white - but...when I look at pictures, it looks so slick. I know these things are a horrendous pain to install so I'd rather just do it once and be done with it, which is why I'm fretting so much over my options here.

Anyone go all white console and think it's too much? Or anyone feel that you really need that black console to provide enough contrast inside the car?

(Pic for reference stolen from an amazon review)

Attachments

• Tslawhite.jpg
    Tslawhite.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3,222
I just got my model 3 (hooray!) white exterior, white interior. I've always LOVED white/black combos inside cars because its so clean and futuristic looking.

I'm currently buying some accessories and of course one of the first things I want is a console wrap. I find myself incredibly torn between a matte/carbon/matrix black and a matte white.

I'm worried that white will be just tooooo much white inside the car. The seats are already blindingly white - but...when I look at pictures, it looks so slick. I know these things are a horrendous pain to install so I'd rather just do it once and be done with it, which is why I'm fretting so much over my options here.

Anyone go all white console and think it's too much? Or anyone feel that you really need that black console to provide enough contrast inside the car?

I actually like it. Was wondering whether it's a matte finish, which would be my preference as sometimes I get sun coming through the huge front windshield and it hits the glossy console and blinds me.

I wrapped the console and door trim in white on mine, basically everything gloss black got a matte white wrap. The exterior was black, but I dipped it white with nordic pearls. White interior. I'd attach pics, but that car got totaled and I haven't had the time to do the new one yet (white/white soon to be dipped white w/abalone pearls).

I went all white in the center console, and I even added a white leather-like cover to the armrest. It’s not as fine as the material on the seats but close enough to pass without close inspection. Maybe one day I’ll upgrade if some makes a classier version. I draw the line at the door buttons and steering wheel; I’ve seen photos and it’s too much in my opinion. Rather, I’ve been using carbon fiber wraps on the buttons and in a few other places and it’s subtle, but I like it. I’m not doing anything with areas that I want to be more “background” or downplayed. Like the steering wheel...I want it to fade away compared to the stunning “T” made by the white dash piece and center console.

White interiors make me feel like I'm at the Dentist.
I guess a white console for the drills, drool sucker and scraping tools would be appropriate.

• Funny
Reactions: Watts_Up
I just got my model 3 (hooray!) white exterior, white interior. I've always LOVED white/black combos inside cars
because its so clean and futuristic looking.

tslawhite-jpg.459270

I'm currently buying some accessories and of course one of the first things I want is a console wrap.
I find myself incredibly torn between a matte/carbon/matrix black and a matte white.

I'm worried that white will be just tooooo much white inside the car.
The seats are already blindingly white - but...when I look at pictures, it looks so slick.
I know these things are a horrendous pain to install so I'd rather just do it once and be done with it,
which is why I'm fretting so much over my options here.

Anyone go all white console and think it's too much? Or anyone feel that you really need that black console
to provide enough contrast inside the car?

The only change I would make is to have the central armrest white, as it was shown during the 3/31/16 original presentation:

Tesla-Model-3-5.jpg

No it’s perfect. Would Do It Again
Would also like the white armrest in the concept that Watts_Up posted

AB7E9203-B169-4BFB-9BD8-4F51022F26CC.jpeg

The only issue was a friend who tinted his side windows so dark they were like black mirrors. There was reflections even off the seats

Here are some pics of the eBay kits floating around... separate parts for 50-few hundred to the while kit for close to 1K (!)

If there was ever too much white - this combined with white-out chrome delete, door handles, badges, white vinyl or plastic on all windows door switches dash, white aero covers or powdercoated 19s 20s and white mudflaps will do the trick.
s-l400 (1).jpg

s-l400 (2).jpg

20190822_213422.jpg

White armrest cover from Taptes. Tried the matte white console wrap from Kenriko (awesome seller, nice dude) but my multiple installs never turned out well around the cupholders. (my fault).

I then tried the Tesla White console wrap from EV Wraps on Amazon and the installation is almost perfect, and no need to use a razor blade. The color is more glossy like the white on the dash and the feel of the material is a lot better too. I was worried about too much white as well, but I absolutely love how it all turned out.