Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this 20% Tint or 35%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly I never realized it until I put tints on my own car.

I like it dark so maybe I’ll have to learn to deal with it.

for the rear I think I might go 15% or 20%

Has anyone done 70% on the windshield in California? Any trouble with the law?

I have 80% done on my windshield and no one has bothered me for the past 6 months of ownership. 70% should be good, probably no lower than that.

FML, I got 15% front and 5% back and during Daytime the front is still basically clear because of the white interior and glass roof.

Now I wished I got 5% all around, just FYI for any other new owners that want darker tints.

But no way that my previous tints was 5% higher than my current tints.

FML, I got 15% front and 5% back and during Daytime the front is still basically clear because of the white interior and glass roof.

Now I wished I got 5% all around, just FYI for any other new owners that want darker tints.

But no way that my previous tints was 5% higher than my current tints.
5% is the way to go if someone is looking for good darkness. Your front is clear as I assume your windshield isn't tinted.
View media item 120221

5% is the way to go if someone is looking for good darkness. Your front is clear as I assume your windshield isn't tinted.
View media item 120221

Yeah, I live in LA/California so I definitely can't go 20% on the windshield as much as I'd love to. I'm planning to get 60% or 70% on the windshield.

here are the new pictures lol. Just don't like how you can clearly see through even with 15%

IMG_4803.jpeg

IMG_4806.jpeg

Reactions: Jamezam