Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this 20% Tint or 35%?

timmy818

Jun 15, 2020
Los Angeles
Do you have any experience driving with tinted windows? 15% can be a pain in the ass at night.

Honestly I never realized it until I put tints on my own car.

I like it dark so maybe I’ll have to learn to deal with it.

for the rear I think I might go 15% or 20%

Has anyone done 70% on the windshield in California? Any trouble with the law?

The_Observer

Feb 14, 2020
Los Angeles

I have 80% done on my windshield and no one has bothered me for the past 6 months of ownership. 70% should be good, probably no lower than that.

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA

I have 70% on my windshield and you can't even tell.

timmy818

Jun 15, 2020
Los Angeles
FML, I got 15% front and 5% back and during Daytime the front is still basically clear because of the white interior and glass roof.

Now I wished I got 5% all around, just FYI for any other new owners that want darker tints.

But no way that my previous tints was 5% higher than my current tints.

XLR82XS

D M C
Jul 26, 2019
SWFL | Vegas
FML, I got 15% front and 5% back and during Daytime the front is still basically clear because of the white interior and glass roof.

Now I wished I got 5% all around, just FYI for any other new owners that want darker tints.

But no way that my previous tints was 5% higher than my current tints.
5% is the way to go if someone is looking for good darkness. Your front is clear as I assume your windshield isn't tinted.
View media item 120221

timmy818

Jun 15, 2020
Los Angeles
5% is the way to go if someone is looking for good darkness. Your front is clear as I assume your windshield isn't tinted.
View media item 120221

Yeah, I live in LA/California so I definitely can't go 20% on the windshield as much as I'd love to. I'm planning to get 60% or 70% on the windshield.

here are the new pictures lol. Just don't like how you can clearly see through even with 15%

IMG_4803.jpeg

IMG_4806.jpeg

Reactions: Jamezam

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC