Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a botched tint job?

adon

Aug 21, 2019
Ottawa
Hi,
I got my windows tinted from a highly rated local place with XPEL Prime XR. Can someone tell me from the pictures if I have a reason to be concerned?

tint1.png

tint2.png

destructure00

Mar 2, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Can't see anything in your pics. If there are fluid-filled bubbles with nothing else in there, they should go away in a couple days. If there are small specks in the center, that's dirt or dust and it may get better but won't go away.

GreenHokie

Sep 26, 2019
central Virginia
The corners look manually (& not well) cut. Also, in your first photo, it almost appears like the bottom edge of the film is above the weather stripping. If so, then that is definitely a bad install!! The installer should have tucked the film below the weather stripping so that you cannot see the bottom edge of the film.

Fusion

Apr 13, 2016
San Francisco
Looks like I installed it. You should take it back. If they hand cut, he should of rolled/file the edges and not cut to fit. Really poor cutting skills. If he can't do it, ask for your money and go else where, however do allow them a chance to make it right.

kev1n

Nov 17, 2016
SF Bay Area
i would have them re-do it. that is poor quality work from a "highly rated" shop,

although if you only paid $200 for this job, sounds about right.

gjunky

Trifecta: Solar and both cars are EVs
Mar 26, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
It might be the picture but those tinted windows don't look very clear. Compare it to the picture by 03DSG and you see the difference

SunTek

Vendor
Mar 18, 2019
St Louis
Yeah those are poorly hand cut edges. There is nothing wrong with hand cut over a computer cut pattern, but yes that just isn't done well. I hope you can have that corrected!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC