TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is this a candidate for an entry in The Journal of Irreproducible Results?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by AudubonB, Sep 21, 2013.

1. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Cut and pasted from another thread today.

Referencing the 9/21/13 review from "grace": water in the interior (an unspecified amount, allegedly from spilling their cooler) shut down their Model S:

New Cars: New Car Prices, Reviews and Specs

Anybody interested in taking a crack at this?

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Must have been a 200 gallon cooler full of water ....

Read a few other comments over there ...

We own them, we know. Haters will hate.

3. MikeL

MikeL some guy

She uses "break" for "brake". The very next (also negative) comment says Tesla doesn't answer "there" phone. Spelling is the first step in getting others to take what you say (write) seriously. Or Not

4. LASpark

LASpark Member

She also had to change the "whole harnest". Obviously spelling is not one of her strengths.

5. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Can't imagine that spilling an undisclosed amount of water inside the cabin would cause the car to die. That would mean that there are unprotected wires or parts that are not sealed.

Could be possible, but Elon has said it pretty plainly "If there is a problem with the battery it is Tesla's problem and not the owners" So I hope the owner, while being more careful in the future, does not get a bill and a working car when this is over.

6. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

There is a sensor that will shut things down when wet. Some of the very early Model S cars tripped this sensor when running in deep water. I believe that Tesla has made this sensor less sensitive in later production. I suppose if the cooler full of water just happened to hit that sensor... However, the story as printed seems to be made up.

7. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

I guess this means I should be more careful the next time I need to pee in a water bottle when I'm stuck in traffic

- - - Updated - - -

the other thing to note about that site - they only got 6 reviews and they all happened within the last 24 hours? seems odd.

8. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

What would the motive be here? It seems unlikely that this is an attempt at stock price manipulation. Perhaps a former NUMMI employee who, unsurprisingly, didn't get rehired by Tesla.