Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a good buy? Found on inventory / demo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
New here.
SF Bay Area native. Too late to order. To get a model X before end of year i tried looking at the existing inventory. Got lucky as we found one that we want (color, seat, wheels), but located in FL.
Here's the specs:
  • Model X Standard Range (300miles on odometer)
  • Solid Black
  • 22" Onyx Black Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Dark Ash Wood Décor
  • Six Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Free Unlimited Supercharging
Total including (dest / doc / ord fees) $85100.

Now since they do not deliver, i have to fly to FL and accept delivery then ship it to CA.
Airfare: 700
Ship: 1800
-- Total to accept delivery: 2500

Is this worth the effort just to get the rebate?
Any other recommendation on shipping? Got quote from mcnutt(1800), csc(1400) and plycar (2200).
TIA

Will you be paying Use Tax in California (when u register in SF Ca DMV)?

Tax is likely $7K.

And, is this a Raven 2019 Standard Range?ade
Seems like its close to the price of a 2020 Long Range at $85K.

Yes i will pay CA tax of 9.25%
i need to ask that, i actually do not know. Is there a way to check?
Yes close to the long rang 2020 at 86K, black, 7 seater black. Not with the wheels and interior upgrade.
You think range is better than the other upgrades?

Yes i will pay CA tax of 9.25%
i need to ask that, i actually do not know. Is there a way to check?
Yes close to the long rang 2020 at 86K, black, 7 seater black. Not with the wheels and interior upgrade.
You think range is better than the other upgrades?

Ask for the manufacture date, as shown by the tag with VIN by the driver door jamb. Ravens - with updated suspension/front motor were manufactured since April 2019.

250 miles vs 328 miles. For me, range is key.

2500 shipping cost washes away 1875 tax credit (not rebate) anyway.

5500 for 22 rims is too much. I got brand new set for 2500 here from forum member - realistically brand new sells here for 3000. Then you can sell the stock 20s for 1500, if you dont want to keep them as back up. Here is one, OBO : Model X 22" Onyx Wheels and Pirelli Tires New Never Mounted

100K vs 87K.

For the same 22 rims/paint/6 white seats - I rather eat the 13K (10K if you get 22 rims for 3K) for 75 extra miles, upgraded suspension/motors, AND first owner of a NEW 2020 LR Model X.

My 2 cents.

Comparison: Tesla Model X Long Range

Screenshot_20191222-055354_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: grantsucceeded
I shopped new for a while then found out here in Arizona if i buy used from a private owner no sales tax. We have a 9.4% tax in my county and ended up flying to Raleigh, NC to buy a used 4,000 mile 2019 Model X from a private owner and drive it back the 2,300 miles home. Three and half days to cover the 2,300 miles without any problems. I found my used one on only used tesla web site.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Ask for the manufacture date, as shown by the tag with VIN by the driver door jamb. Ravens - with updated suspension/front motor were manufactured since April 2019.

250 miles vs 328 miles. For me, range is key.

2500 shipping cost washes away 1875 tax credit (not rebate) anyway.

5500 for 22 rims is too much. I got brand new set for 2500 here from forum member - realistically brand new sells here for 3000. Then you can sell the stock 20s for 1500, if you dont want to keep them as back up. Here is one, OBO : Model X 22" Onyx Wheels and Pirelli Tires New Never Mounted

100K vs 87K.

For the same 22 rims/paint/6 white seats - I rather eat the 13K (10K if you get 22 rims for 3K) for 75 extra miles, upgraded suspension/motors, AND first owner of a NEW 2020 LR Model X.

My 2 cents.

Comparison: Tesla Model X Long Range

View attachment 491397

I asked the specs from the dealer for this specific vehicle:
Raven MX - yes

Sentry Mode - yes

Tesla theater - yes

Tesla arcade - yes

Auto park - no

Summon - no

Adaptive suspension - yes

Vehicles birthdate = August 10, 2019

But you have a valid point. Now I'm thinking...

been in the market for X
your 'deal' is not a deal to get excited about
wait a few months, you'll get a better deal
if you can't wait, then you value time over money, and that's a great reason to pull the trigger
Sorry if I don't understand and want to clear what you were saying.
Meaning, if i can just wait and not worry about the tax incentive, it will be better deal next year?