Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a good deal ? 2017 Model X P100D $80K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 model x P100D for 80K . It has 35,000 miles.
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • White Premium Interior
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Free Supercharging
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  • HEPA Air Filtration System
  • Towing Package
  • Power Liftgate
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Carbon Fiber Décor
  • Black headlinear

...Free Supercharging...

If it's listed on Tesla's website, then it's believable.

However, if it's from non-Tesla dealer or private sale, I would feel comfortable if there's a proof for that in case Tesla might take it away once the car is transferred to you.

Also, on the account page, if it doesn't say that the Free Unlimited Supercharging will be transferred to the next owner, then you won't get it.

Nowadays, it's documented on the account page, receipt, on the Monroney Sticker... and not just by faith after taken verbal reassurance from someone.

Reactions: nomad415 and AMPd
The price is appropriate, I would not say it’s a great price. The 5 seaters have always had a lower price, even discounted by Tesla on their inventory site. Also, Autopilot 1 cars are discounted. No removing options from used cars

The price is appropriate, I would not say it’s a great price. The 5 seaters have always had a lower price, even discounted by Tesla on their inventory site. Also, Autopilot 1 cars are discounted. No removing options from used cars

This is AP2. 2017 model build date Aug 2017. Tesla can remove FSD from used cars, they should also be able to remove the ludicrous perf option

Reactions: gaswalla
80k plus taxes and delivery. Hmmm...

I could get a new custom order raven 2020 model with just the options that are impt to me for 92k.

How important is the P to you? If not, I'd go Raven all the way. The range, suspension, warranty, and HW3 would be well worth the $12k in my opinion. And then it's your car from the start.

Disclosure: I have a Raven non-P and love it.

If the car has lifetime supercharger, it should be a rare one - and for sure it has Ap2.0.

New model X 92k will have AP2.5, MCU2, HW3. They are worth more than $12k difference.

pasting the build details below...

• 100D Ludicrous Performance
  • Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • White Premium
  • White Premium Interior
  • Carbon Fiber Décor
  • Black Headliner
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Ludicrous Mode
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • Free Unlimited Supercharging
  • Technology Package
  • Towing Package
  • Premium Upgrades Package
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound

if I buy this used 2017 model X, will I Not get upgraded to AP2.5, MCU2, HW3 by tesla at some point ??? Will I have to pay for that upgrade ? how much ?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: gaswalla
How important is the P to you? If not, I'd go Raven all the way. The range, suspension, warranty, and HW3 would be well worth the $12k in my opinion. And then it's your car from the start.

Disclosure: I have a Raven non-P and love it.

The 'P' is not important to me at all. But I like the other features this used car has - like premium white seats with the carbon fibre decor ( I am told I cannot get this in a new 2020 raven non-P). I also like the free supercharger, tow package, hi-fi sound, tech package, FSD and the most impt is the 100 KWH battery. It would be awesome if tesla can remove the 'P' for me and reduce the price.

If it's listed on Tesla's website, then it's believable.

However, if it's from non-Tesla dealer or private sale, I would feel comfortable if there's a proof for that in case Tesla might take it away once the car is transferred to you.

Also, on the account page, if it doesn't say that the Free Unlimited Supercharging will be transferred to the next owner, then you won't get it.

Nowadays, it's documented on the account page, receipt, on the Monroney Sticker... and not just by faith after taken verbal reassurance from someone.
This is from tesla used/CPO. not from third party. so it also comes with the 50,000 miles / 4 year warranty that will kick in, the day of purchase. that's really good because this one has only 15,000 miles remaining on the original new car warranty

All Ravens also have the 100 kWh battery, as well as what used to be called hi-fidelity sound and tech package, so don't count those as an advantage of this car. They will not remove the P for you.

You will also get 1k free Supercharger miles on a new Raven if you use a referral code (which you should). It's not free unlimited, but it's something. Most people tend to overestimate the value of free unlimited SC. Unless you're going to be relying on SC constantly it's just not a huge deal.

The carbon fibre is something you can't get on a new non-P as you mentioned, but you can aftermarket it if it's important to you.

Good luck, whatever you decide!

All Ravens also have the 100 kWh battery, as well as what used to be called hi-fidelity sound and tech package, so don't count those as an advantage of this car. They will not remove the P for you.

You will also get 1k free Supercharger miles on a new Raven if you use a referral code (which you should). It's not free unlimited, but it's something. Most people tend to overestimate the value of free unlimited SC. Unless you're going to be relying on SC constantly it's just not a huge deal.

The carbon fibre is something you can't get on a new non-P as you mentioned, but you can aftermarket it if it's important to you.

Good luck, whatever you decide!

That's a bummer , that tesla will not remove the 'P' and cut price by 10k before selling it to me.
Looks like all model X and S raven are getting unlimited SC for free. I just designed my desired model x on tesla.com. see below. If I can take delivery before dec 31, the 97k will reduce to about 95k. and I get a 7 seater.

·
New raven 2020 model x

· Model X Long Range $84,990

· Pearl White Multi-Coat Included

· 20" Silver Wheels Included

· Black and White Premium Interior with Dark Ash Wood Décor$1,500

· Seven Seat Interior$3,500

· Autopilot Included

· Full Self-Driving Capability$7,000

· Free Unlimited Supercharging Included

· Purchase Price$96,990

After the 2K federal credit , it will become 95K

...if I buy this used 2017 model X, will I Not get upgraded to AP2.5, MCU2, HW3 by tesla at some point ???...

Yes. You will be upgraded to HW3 with no extra charge because Elon Musk said so and his rationale is: HW 2 & 2.5 are fine for Autopilot but for Robotaxis, they need more powerful processing power and for those who have had FSD, they'll be upgraded to HW3.

For those who don't have FSD, I guess they just have to pay $7,000 for FSD upgrade.

Reactions: nomad415
Yes. You will be upgraded to HW3 with no extra charge because Elon Musk said so and his rationale is: HW 2 & 2.5 are fine for Autopilot but for Robotaxis, they need more powerful processing power and for those who have had FSD, they'll be upgraded to HW3.

For those who don't have FSD, I guess they just have to pay $7,000 for FSD upgrade.

HW2.0: No dashcam feature.
MCU1: no games, no TVs, no rear camera recording.

Tbh, if the car has HW2.5 and MCU1, you might have a hope for a FSD HW3 swap coming to you. MCU1 might not compatible with HW3 and they would need an upgrade solution for that (take time to research).

Here is the scenario:
+ It might take them a year to do the upgrade for HW2.5+MCU2 to HW3.
+ Another year to do HW2.5+MCU1.
+ HW2 do not have enough redundancy wiring. They still don’t have any solution for that. HW2->HW2.5 isn’t just sensors & cameras swap. At this point, they would abandon HW2.

It isn’t worth to buy HW2 anymore.

So much emphasis being placed on Autopilot hardware, when in reality none of the current cars on the road will get full self driving. Ever. If you think tesla is going to be able to achieve full self driving before your vehicles life span is up, you’re kidding yourself. They won’t. And once they do achieve FSD they definitely will not be retrofitting millions of vehicles.

Reactions: r0xx0r