Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a good deal? 2018 Model S 75D 72,000 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
E899E1D3-51B6-474F-96CD-D01D88278A9C.jpeg
Currently looking at buying a 2018 Model S w/ 72,000 miles for $50k flat.

Build sheet attached

No accidents, single owner, good condition

Cons:

75 kWh pack is small for this size car. You are better off getting a 100D or P100D with the larger pack.
It doesn't have a premium (leather or fake leather) interior, looks like standard (cloth) interior.
What month was the car built? Anything built through March 2018 will have MCU1. Ideally you want MCU2 on the car.
A car with this many miles would have sold for $40,000 a few month ago. +$10K for this crazy market.

Cons:

75 kWh pack is small for this size car. You are better off getting a 100D or P100D with the larger pack.
It doesn't have a premium (leather or fake leather) interior, looks like standard (cloth) interior.
What month was the car built? Anything built through March 2018 will have MCU1. Ideally you want MCU2 on the car.
A car with this many miles would have sold for $40,000 a few month ago. +$10K for this crazy market.
Damn really? I was looking at KBB, Used Teslas directly from them, and other dealers, and I thought this was a fairly good price.

Cons:

Also this is the sticker on the door jam. I think the build date is 12/18?

Attachments

• F7C381C6-8BE3-48E6-8F37-DD335CE3A697.jpeg
    F7C381C6-8BE3-48E6-8F37-DD335CE3A697.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
So what would you say would be a “good deal” for this? Every 75D (which is the only MS I can afford with the updated MCU and refresh), with FSD compatible. Everything else outside my budget

$50k is a decent deal, but sub-$50k would be a good deal. That said, it's really hard to find great deals right now due to the chip shortage and Tesla scarcity.

We did write a post on that here with some buying tips if you're having trouble:

https://www.findmyelectric.com/blog/how-to-find-a-good-deal-on-a-used-tesla-during-the-chip-shortage/

By wholesale value I mean what the car sells for at dealer auctions.
How did you find this data?
$50k is a decent deal, but sub-$50k would be a good deal. That said, it's really hard to find great deals right now due to the chip shortage and Tesla scarcity.

We did write a post on that here with some buying tips if you're having trouble:

https://www.findmyelectric.com/blog/how-to-find-a-good-deal-on-a-used-tesla-during-the-chip-shortage/
Thanks appreciate that! What would you say about 48k?

$48k would be a good deal! And as Evolving Motors said, that's even below wholesale.
Hey there,

Was looking through your site, and came across these:

These seem similar to the one I'm looking at, about 8k~ more mileage and on the east coast, but for about ~44k or 6k cheaper. What makes the price different here? So Cal and transportation fees would be a couple thousand?

Hey there,

Was looking through your site, and came across these:

These seem similar to the one I'm looking at, about 8k~ more mileage and on the east coast, but for about ~44k or 6k cheaper. What makes the price different here? So Cal and transportation fees would be a couple thousand?
Looks like your car has AP 2.0 so it's eligible for FSD and upgrades, where those are AP1--that's probably the biggest difference. Sellers can be all over the map with their individual pricing though, so that likely accounts for some of the variation.

Reactions: Leeclanual