Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a good deal for a used 2019 Model 3 LR w/FSD $46500 63k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like prices keep going up on on the used market. Put down a deposit for a 2019 Model 3 LR RWD w/ FSD with 63,500 miles with a private seller in orange county. Listed at $48500, price dropped to $47k recently. It needs 2 tires so agreed on price of $46,500. Good deal? Thank you!

Some more details:
Black leather heated seats
3/2019 production
HW2.5
Blue
Tesla bigger rims 235/40R19, rims are powered coated black
Connectivity not free
No tint
No ppf

Attachments

• 2EAF6CCE-8293-4220-B45B-45FED5A93336.jpeg
    2EAF6CCE-8293-4220-B45B-45FED5A93336.jpeg
    893.6 KB · Views: 151
It’s probably a decent market price. I recently traded same config w 50k miles, directly to tesla for $41k … I’m sure they resold for higher than $47k. i personally don’t think it’s a value … over say a brand new 22 LR w/o FSD. For not that much money you get a longer range, heat pump, awd, power lift gate, more acceleration, and maybe most importantly a brand new warranty. You’d give up FSD. Right now there isn’t much to it and they have subscriptions if you are just curious.

That’s a decent price but FSD is what’s driving the price on this. If this was a Dual Motor AWD with FSD, it’d be a deal. Over 50K miles so you’re losing the general warranty but thankfully a few more years on the battery.

If it has HW 2.5 it doesn't have FSD, it probably has Enhanced Autopilot. Unless they bought FSD and decided to sell before doing the upgrade, but that seems silly.

It seems about right based on the market right now. What's the range at 100% charge?

Seems like prices keep going up on on the used market. Put down a deposit for a 2019 Model 3 LR RWD w/ FSD with 63,500 miles with a private seller in orange county. Listed at $48500, price dropped to $47k recently. It needs 2 tires so agreed on price of $46,500. Good deal? Thank you!

Some more details:
Black leather heated seats
3/2019 production
HW2.5
Blue
Tesla bigger rims 235/40R19, rims are powered coated black
Connectivity not free
No tint
No ppf
Not a good price. Keep in mind what the owner paid for that car in 2019.

Buying a used Tesla right now is not a good idea.

Reactions: kaimanson
It’s probably a decent market price. I recently traded same config w 50k miles, directly to tesla for $41k … I’m sure they resold for higher than $47k. i personally don’t think it’s a value … over say a brand new 22 LR w/o FSD. For not that much money you get a longer range, heat pump, awd, power lift gate, more acceleration, and maybe most importantly a brand new warranty. You’d give up FSD. Right now there isn’t much to it and they have subscriptions if you are just curious.
Thank you for the inputs. Good points on the pluses of buying new. Buying new would be about $20k more including tax and fees. Seems like the increase in range and heat is not much difference. The new warranty coverage definitely has a lot of value there. Will take the opportunity now to get accustomed to it and after owning it for awhile I'm sure I'll be looking at new in no time. : )

That’s a decent price but FSD is what’s driving the price on this. If this was a Dual Motor AWD with FSD, it’d be a deal. Over 50K miles so you’re losing the general warranty but thankfully a few more years on the battery.
Thank you, makes sense. I read the AWD version is 0.5 secs faster and of course better traction. Will surely consider it if I'm in the market again. Read the reliability on the Model 3 is best amongst all the models, hopefully this one won't have reliability issues.

If it has HW 2.5 it doesn't have FSD, it probably has Enhanced Autopilot. Unless they bought FSD and decided to sell before doing the upgrade, but that seems silly.

It seems about right based on the market right now. What's the range at 100% charge?
Oh I didn't know that. Thank you. I'll check with the seller. They said they bought it but I saw HW 2.5 on the screen. They said 100% SOC is 295 miles.

Not a good price. Keep in mind what the owner paid for that car in 2019.

Buying a used Tesla right now is not a good idea.
Yeah, I don't like that I'm buying in this market but have to get a second vehicle with send child starting school and activities. But versus buying brand new I'll have $20k more right now. I'm sure I'll be upgrading after I drive it a little while.

On expensive cars expired warranty is a big deal IMO. If warranty has expired or is about to expire, it better be on a big discount.

Also consider buying a repaired salvaged Tesla (make sure to get it inspected) if you don’t expect to use superchargers. If your goal is to get the best deal.

On expensive cars expired warranty is a big deal IMO. If warranty has expired or is about to expire, it better be on a big discount.

Also consider buying a repaired salvaged Tesla (make sure to get it inspected) if you don’t expect to use superchargers. If your goal is to get the best deal.
I see your reasoning, I also hear folks able to drive their teslas way over 100k miles with little maintenance costs. Think the biggest expensive repairs would be things HV battery motors past the 8 years and 100k miles warranty. Other more expensive things like MCUs, DC to DC controllers, Air Suspension components, handle/falcon doors, Onboard charger would be a concern if multiple components fail during ownership. Read on here there are extended warranty products like X-Care that cover components like similar to the Tesla warranty but with $100 deductible instead of the $200 from Tesla people have gotten. There is also a local highly rated EV repair shop that specializes in Teslas with reasonable repair prices compared to Tesla SC that I could make use as well. The model 3 has less expensive components like air suspension, falcon doors, etc. I’ll see how much X-care extended warranty is and if it would be worth covering it for another 4-5 years and another 40-50k miles.

Yeah, I don't like that I'm buying in this market but have to get a second vehicle with send child starting school and activities. But versus buying brand new I'll have $20k more right now. I'm sure I'll be upgrading after I drive it a little while.
Make sure you factor in repair costs. An out of warranty Tesla will not be cheap.

Yeah that’s about the same price I was debating on listing ours for sale, ours is half that many miles with brand new tires last month on the 19” wheels, lifetime connectivity, early beta user with HW 3.0 and latest updated cameras last month. Prices just vary so much counting on the value in the eyes of the buyer.

Yeah that’s about the same price I was debating on listing ours for sale, ours is half that many miles with brand new tires last month on the 19” wheels, lifetime connectivity, early beta user with HW 3.0 and latest updated cameras last month. Prices just vary so much counting on the value in the eyes of the buyer.
Could you DM me? Be interested in more details if you are selling especially photos. 2019? Rear Wheel? Color? Thanks!