Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a good deal?

Spelly88

May 16, 2018
Philly Suburbs, PA
2017 Model X 90d. New with premium package. No sub zero. Black with black performance interior. 20” wheels and 5 seat interior. No Autopilot but it has HW2 not 2.5. Only 50 miles so I assume since New it still qualifies for $7500 credit. Does 2017 premium have self presenting doors still? What’s the difference between hw2 and 2.5? Can you upgrade?

$82,950

Or I’d be looking at a new 75d with premium for $85500

Reactions: ModelX

Krazaak

Jul 30, 2017
Charlotte, NC
2017 Model X 90d. New with premium package. No sub zero. Black with black performance interior. 20” wheels and 5 seat interior. No Autopilot but it has HW2 not 2.5. Only 50 miles so I assume since New it still qualifies for $7500 credit. Does 2017 premium have self presenting doors still? What’s the difference between hw2 and 2.5? Can you upgrade?

$82,950

Or I’d be looking at a new 75d with premium for $85500
Seems like a good deal to me. If it is new, then it qualifies for the tax credit. 2017 premium did come with self presenting doors.

Reactions: Spelly88

r0xx0r

Jul 9, 2016
CA
Good deal. Just make sure it is eligible for the tax credit. I went though some cars in the past, 50 miles ODO but somehow, they were listed as CPO. Tesla bought them back from previous owners.

Spelly88

May 16, 2018
Philly Suburbs, PA
It's listed as new on the tesla-info website. And on the tesla page it comes up under New Inventory.

My main concern are HW2 instead of 2.5. Is that a big downgrade?

I assume when Tesla calls me, I can ask to verify the tax credit.

r0xx0r

Jul 9, 2016
CA
It's listed as new on the tesla-info website. And on the tesla page it comes up under New Inventory.

My main concern are HW2 instead of 2.5. Is that a big downgrade?

I assume when Tesla calls me, I can ask to verify the tax credit.

Don’t worry about 2.0 or 2.5, if there is a feature that requires hw 2.5; Tesla will upgrade for free. Elon said that lol.

Spelly88

May 16, 2018
Philly Suburbs, PA
Here is the full spec sheet:

Model X 90D
Not including the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit

$95,500
All-Wheel Drive Included
Solid Black Paint Included
20" Silver Wheels Included
Black $3,300
Black Leather Seats Included
Carbon Fiber Upgrade $250
Front Console Included
Black Alcantara Headliner Included
Five Seat Interior Included
High Amperage Charger Upgrade $1,500
Towing Package $750
Premium Upgrades Package $4,500
Smart Air Suspension Included
Ultra High Fidelity Sound $2,500
Subtotal $108,300
Documentation Fee $75
Destination Fee $1,125
Price Adjustment ($26,550)
Total $82,950

Looks like a pretty nice discount. If I'm reading this right, it seems that the $7500 isn't included in this price, but meaning it _could_ apply.

Krazaak

Jul 30, 2017
Charlotte, NC

Model X 90D

$95,500
All-Wheel Drive Included
Black $3,300
Front Console Included
Towing Package $750
Subtotal $108,300
Documentation Fee $75
Destination Fee $1,125
Total $82,950

Looks like a pretty nice discount. If I'm reading this right, it seems that the $7500 isn't included in this price, but meaning it _could_ apply.
That's one of the biggest adjustments I've seen on a non P model. I bought a 2016 X P100D in July, 2017, it was a demo with 7,700 miles and qualified for the tax credit. As long as it hasn't been registered and is being sold new, it qualifies.

Closest thing you could build today would be a 100D and the only extra beyond the battery would be the sub-zero package, for $105k.

• Helpful
Reactions: r0xx0r and Spelly88

VikH

Supporting Member
Nov 23, 2015
Midwest, USA

Model X 90D

$95,500
All-Wheel Drive Included
Black $3,300
Front Console Included
Towing Package $750
Subtotal $108,300
Documentation Fee $75
Destination Fee $1,125
Total $82,950

Very good deal for a non-p. Consider leasing depending on residual.

mattack4000

Oct 1, 2017
CA
Warranty starts on the day you bought it, I am guessing this car was used for something weird. I did have a loaner a few months back built in dec 16, the qa was pretty bad

Krazaak

Jul 30, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I was wondering that a little too. Think it’s a big worry? The only other downside I can see is I’d be basically losing a year of the warranty.
As mentioned, warranty is 4 years, 50k miles from when you purchase it. In my case, my warranty lasts until 57,700 miles or July 2021 even though it's a 2016.

Maybe it was a floor model in a gallery. You should probably ask if has been damaged at any point or if there's any unusual wear. Even if it hasn't seen any real traffic, it might have seen a lot of butt traffic.

• Helpful

Spelly88

May 16, 2018
Philly Suburbs, PA
UPDATE:

After I posted this, I decided the deal was too good to pass up so I put down the deposit to purchase. The car showed up in my Tesla account, and I even got as far as the financing approval.

I went to the SC this morning to do my test drive and was immediately met by the sales manager with a grim look on her face. She informed me that the car was never to be listed for sale and she's not sure how that happened. Apparently, the car is at some crash test facility (?!) and they won't be able to get it.

She said she was very sorry and mentioned that when I do purchase something, she'll throw in the first two years of maintenance for free.

I'm pretty bummed, but what can you do... I guess it was too good to be true... I'll just take it as a sign and look to do a custom order soon... The only bright side is that the test drive went well and I really liked the vehicle...

Krazaak

Jul 30, 2017
Charlotte, NC
UPDATE:

After I posted this, I decided the deal was too good to pass up so I put down the deposit to purchase. The car showed up in my Tesla account, and I even got as far as the financing approval.

I went to the SC this morning to do my test drive and was immediately met by the sales manager with a grim look on her face. She informed me that the car was never to be listed for sale and she's not sure how that happened. Apparently, the car is at some crash test facility (?!) and they won't be able to get it.

She said she was very sorry and mentioned that when I do purchase something, she'll throw in the first two years of maintenance for free.

I'm pretty bummed, but what can you do... I guess it was too good to be true... I'll just take it as a sign and look to do a custom order soon... The only bright side is that the test drive went well and I really liked the vehicle...
Bummer. I wonder if that's the Model X we saw flying sideways in the rollover test...

r0xx0r

Jul 9, 2016
CA
Enjoy your Model X and ignore what Tesla sales manager said.

If the car was used for the crash test and they were able to “sell” it, you just need to check brakes & tires.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC