TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Spelly88, May 28, 2018.

1. Spelly88

Spelly88 Member

2017 Model X 90d. New with premium package. No sub zero. Black with black performance interior. 20” wheels and 5 seat interior. No Autopilot but it has HW2 not 2.5. Only 50 miles so I assume since New it still qualifies for $7500 credit. Does 2017 premium have self presenting doors still? What’s the difference between hw2 and 2.5? Can you upgrade?

$82,950

Or I’d be looking at a new 75d with premium for $85500

• Like x 1
  2. Krazaak

Krazaak Member

Seems like a good deal to me. If it is new, then it qualifies for the tax credit. 2017 premium did come with self presenting doors.

• Like x 1
  3. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

there is currently no difference between AP2.0 v 2.5. In the future if there is, Tesla is supposed to retrofit the cars for free.

• Like x 1
  4. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

Good deal. Just make sure it is eligible for the tax credit. I went though some cars in the past, 50 miles ODO but somehow, they were listed as CPO. Tesla bought them back from previous owners.

• Like x 1
  5. Spelly88

Spelly88 Member

It's listed as new on the tesla-info website. And on the tesla page it comes up under New Inventory.

My main concern are HW2 instead of 2.5. Is that a big downgrade?

I assume when Tesla calls me, I can ask to verify the tax credit.

6. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

Don’t worry about 2.0 or 2.5, if there is a feature that requires hw 2.5; Tesla will upgrade for free. Elon said that lol.

• Like x 1
  7. Spelly88

Spelly88 Member

Here is the full spec sheet:

Model X 90D
    Not including the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit

$95,500
    All-Wheel Drive Included
    Solid Black Paint Included
    20" Silver Wheels Included
    Black $3,300
    Black Leather Seats Included
    Carbon Fiber Upgrade $250
    Front Console Included
    Black Alcantara Headliner Included
    Five Seat Interior Included
    High Amperage Charger Upgrade $1,500
    Towing Package $750
    Premium Upgrades Package $4,500
    Smart Air Suspension Included
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound $2,500
    Subtotal $108,300
    Documentation Fee $75
    Destination Fee $1,125
    Price Adjustment ($26,550)
    Total $82,950

Looks like a pretty nice discount. If I'm reading this right, it seems that the $7500 isn't included in this price, but meaning it _could_ apply.

8. Krazaak

Krazaak Member

That's one of the biggest adjustments I've seen on a non P model. I bought a 2016 X P100D in July, 2017, it was a demo with 7,700 miles and qualified for the tax credit. As long as it hasn't been registered and is being sold new, it qualifies.

Closest thing you could build today would be a 100D and the only extra beyond the battery would be the sub-zero package, for $105k.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  9. VikH

VikH Member

Very good deal for a non-p. Consider leasing depending on residual.

• Like x 1
  10. mattack4000

mattack4000 Member

My question is why is this car (from Q1 or so) still around?

11. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Wow good deal

12. Spelly88

Spelly88 Member

I was wondering that a little too. Think it’s a big worry? The only other downside I can see is I’d be basically losing a year of the warranty.

13. mattack4000

mattack4000 Member

Warranty starts on the day you bought it, I am guessing this car was used for something weird. I did have a loaner a few months back built in dec 16, the qa was pretty bad

14. Krazaak

Krazaak Member

As mentioned, warranty is 4 years, 50k miles from when you purchase it. In my case, my warranty lasts until 57,700 miles or July 2021 even though it's a 2016.

Maybe it was a floor model in a gallery. You should probably ask if has been damaged at any point or if there's any unusual wear. Even if it hasn't seen any real traffic, it might have seen a lot of butt traffic.

• Helpful x 1
  15. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

Also, ask them about ESA (extended warranty) and if they refurbish the car or not.

16. Spelly88

Spelly88 Member

UPDATE:

After I posted this, I decided the deal was too good to pass up so I put down the deposit to purchase. The car showed up in my Tesla account, and I even got as far as the financing approval.

I went to the SC this morning to do my test drive and was immediately met by the sales manager with a grim look on her face. She informed me that the car was never to be listed for sale and she's not sure how that happened. Apparently, the car is at some crash test facility (?!) and they won't be able to get it.

She said she was very sorry and mentioned that when I do purchase something, she'll throw in the first two years of maintenance for free.

I'm pretty bummed, but what can you do... I guess it was too good to be true... I'll just take it as a sign and look to do a custom order soon... The only bright side is that the test drive went well and I really liked the vehicle...

17. Krazaak

Krazaak Member

Bummer. I wonder if that's the Model X we saw flying sideways in the rollover test...

18. jjgunn

jjgunn Member

Whoops! Sorry, not supposed to be listed. THANKS ELON!!

Jeezus.....

Feel for ya Spelly, but just get yourself a 100D & ignore this little hiccup

• Like x 1
  19. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

Enjoy your Model X and ignore what Tesla sales manager said.

If the car was used for the crash test and they were able to “sell” it, you just need to check brakes & tires.