Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a good deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used prices are really high right now and buying a new one will take a long time to get. Pick your poison. You may be able to drive this for a bit and then sell it later as well for a decent price. Is it worth it to you? I'd try and bargain with the Seller again even though he said firm. He'll come back to you should he not sell it soon. Good luck!

The new MYP is $68k + tax + lic. which puts you around $71k which is a far cry from $60k + tax + lic of $66k - $4k ($62k effective cost) for the used one. That's a good chunk of change in savings. However, against the new comparable MYLR at $64k OTD, not so much. Unless you are prepared to take a hit for the depreciation once the used-car market corrects itself, I'd recommend getting the new one with a bunch of updates. At least, that's what I'd do, if you are able to wait 5-6 months that is.

Nice to see a MYP in something other than one of the five OEM options. Only @whydontwe can decide if the aftermarket “upgrades” are worth the price premium. As others in this thread have stated, the current used car pricing is nuts across the board and this is no better/worse than market. Good luck to all involved.

The new MYP is $68k + tax + lic. which puts you around $71k which is a far cry from $60k + tax + lic of $66k - $4k ($62k effective cost) for the used one. That's a good chunk of change in savings. However, against the new comparable MYLR at $64k OTD, not so much. Unless you are prepared to take a hit for the depreciation once the used-car market corrects itself, I'd recommend getting the new one with a bunch of updates. At least, that's what I'd do, if you are able to wait 5-6 months that is.
Your tax math is a little wonky. 6k tax on a 60k vehicle but only 3k tax on a 68k vehicle?

My MYP is $74,600 with taxes, not 71 but that's WA State and my specific configuration.

I believe all 2020s have radar?
I think most 2020s do, I know mine does and it was a Nov 2020. That said, Tesla will disable that or they have already disabled it. It's almost a certain thing that when the FSD Beta stack moves over to the general AP (Elon has said sometime in the next couple releases) radar will be disabled since I'm almost certain that it is not being used for the FSD Beta software.

Reactions: whydontwe