TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vendor Is this a new color??

Discussion in 'California' started by Joseph Torbati, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Joseph Torbati

Joseph Torbati Local Vendor - NorCal

I had a 90D in I have never seen this color. Before polishing it I was sure it was the metallic black but when I got done and pulled it out side! OH wow! It had way more flake than the other ones I've done and almost a green/purple tint to it. I know I'm good at correcting paint but to turn a color I've never seen??? side note service preformed on this one was a full, paint correction, Xpel ultimate self healing paint protection film on about 70% of the car, powder coated the wheels satin black, did a full brake disassemble/reseal and powder coat of the calipers K40 integrated front and rear radar system, and 3M Crystalline 70% all the way around including the front window. Topped everything all complete interior/exterior protective coating Opti Coat Pro Plus. This color is nuts! Enjoy!

DSC_0751_zpssnavtoj9.jpg
    DSC_0747_zpsmk1qjzve.jpg
    Showing off the results of a true paint correction! No swirls, no scratches just pure gloss!

DSC_0750_zpsms0zm0iu.jpg
    The car came in with about 2000 miles and it had been washed at a local car wash so it was heavily swirled up. We ended up with close to 15 hours of correction work aside from everything else!
    DSC_0749_zpsmmuj5znr.jpg
    Can you tell there is a radar diffuser in that bumper? Nope! But you could shave in that reflection!
    DSC_0736_zpsu8uni8pj.jpg
    Inside the shop it was just glowing under our florescence!
    DSC_0741_zpsouhbfi9u.jpg
    So am imagining things or this color new?

Thanks for looking!
    Joseph Torbati
    Bay Area OCDetail

P.S. First Multi Coat red p90d L I've had in the shop. Looked amazing after correction, coating, and Xpel!
    DSC_0725_zpsdtybe6ii.jpg

2. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

That looks like the new obsidian black

3. Joseph Torbati

Joseph Torbati Local Vendor - NorCal

Thats what I thought but I've done a few that looked much blacker than this one

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_0553_zps7g4valx9.jpg
    DSC_0556_zpsbj7vvc2q.jpg
    For comparison this local member JPP's Obsidian Black I did a few months ago. Still perfect out in the sun but not nearly as greenish/purple.

4. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Maybe it's New and Improved Obsidian Black! Now with 30% more Obsidian!

Lol

5. JPP

JPP Active Member

Hard to tell, Joe---would need to park ours next to the one you just did. But you used Xpel and OptiCoat Pro on the one you are commenting on, and on ours there is no film/Xpel, and you used cQuartz, so maybe that is the reason why it looks different. Haven't actually heard of a new color.

6. kwoo4424

kwoo4424 Member

The color looks similar to mine : " Midnight Silver metallic". Came out end of last yr. In the sunlight you can see miniflakes of green/ purple but overall effect
    is a gun metal grey. I like it.