Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a normal sound?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi y’all, lately I’ve noticed that when I’m turning left I can hear this clunking or clicking sound coming from the front of the car, and it seems like it’s coming from the front passenger side.

it’s intermittent in its loudness, but tonight was the loudest I’ve heard it from inside the car. After the car sits for a while I can hardly hear it. I can also hear a slight clicking sound if I’m turning left inside a parking garage where sound echos. There isn’t any noises when I’m turning right nor when I’m going straight.

it’s a 2021 dual motor model 3 With about 5,900mi.

Here is the video:

That’s odd. Now it makes me more curious as to what the cause was. Thanks for sharing. Did you bring the car into the shop to remedy the sound or was it just for Routine maintenance and they happened to remedy it? I wonder if maybe a rock of something foreign fell out from the rotor front brake rotor fins or from between the brake rotor and the plate without them noticing when they had the wheel off during the tire rotation. Most importantly, glad your issue got fixed.

That’s odd. Now it makes me more curious as to what the cause was. Thanks for sharing. Did you bring the car into the shop to remedy the sound or was it just for Routine maintenance and they happened to remedy it? I wonder if maybe a rock of something foreign fell out from the rotor front brake rotor fins or from between the brake rotor and the plate without them noticing when they had the wheel off during the tire rotation. Most importantly, glad your issue got fixed.
I was almost due for a tire rotation when I took that video initially...so i figured I'd wait till I did the tire rotation and see if it persisted before bringing it in to Tesla. To my surprise, the sound is gone, and the tire that was causing it isn't making the same sound at the rear....so who knows what the original cause was.

Maybe a wheel bolt wasn't torqued right from the factory 😳.