Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a P85D+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like something you'd see some Saudi prince hopping out of in Dubai

Or in the Gumball 3000 Rally...
336623.jpg

gumball_3000_car_2_by_philosopher1123-d519dhj.jpg

It's probably just a standard P85D. Dunno why they'd add a + badge to it since the + hardware is implicit to the D. Don't know why someone would wrap it in chrome either for that matter..i.t's uglier than someone who fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

I was told that the Senior Executive had this. If you think about it they are able to do it with the smaller motor in the front for a normal P85D. The P85D+ is indeed 940HP. This is the secret that Elon Musk is talking about at earnings...

I'd really like to get a look at the frunk and front subframe to see how the large motor is installed in the front.

I'm not buying it. A 940HP car is a secret weapon against dealers? I'm sure that would drive some demand but how is that a secret weapon against dealers. If it's a secret weapon why is it driving around with a badge on it? If it's a secret weapon why were they telling you about it? What's it doing in Quebec (notice the French exit sign and the identification of a poster previous in the thread)?

You do know the VP of Tesla Motors is from Quebec right?

Tesla has several SVPs. Are you saying it is Jerome Guillen's car? Jerome drives test mules in and around Tesla's various facilities in California. Would he be driving it to Quebec? If it is his, it would have to be flown to Quebec, driven to Quebec from California, or the car is stabled in Quebec for when he visits. And that service center is too far away from Tesla's factory facilities where a car like a P85D+ could be serviced. I doubt the Quebec service center has the ability to service a test mule that hasn't been announced and that isn't in production. My service center in Scottsdale is not privy to any new cars or models. I would think that a test mule like that would be tethered far closer to home.

Also, and this is just my opinion, I don't think the service personnel would be authorized to discuss any specifics relating to a VP's car. That is just unthinkable in my mind.