Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a real photo of the Model X 2nd row seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw teslarati posted this, is this legit? How did they get access?

7447ebbf5a8c105d26bbd7731102fabf.jpg

There's been a second public prototype? I have only seen one (which was repainted at one point, but still the same).

I don't know about such detail, but my reference was to the circa 2013 white prototype which had differently coloured seats (those seem to be in the picture above) than the first beige build circa 2012. That's what I referred to.

Whether or not all or much of that is just re-wrapped/re-built single car, is I guess beside the point, which was that these seats have been seen and photographed before. :)

I bet 3 reputation points, (I only have 32) that the 2nd row seats will rotate 180 degrees so that the 2nd row people can face the 3rd row.

Cool idea.

My bet is that the left and right sides of the second row (not the center section) will rotate 90 degrees to face outwards when the Falcon doors open and then rotate back when they close.

Or maybe the second row seats will be split 66/33 and both parts rotate as I described.

I totally envision this -- one of the many reasons I chose the MX is long distance traveling with a few others.

People (like me) complain about folks texting, talking, tweeting while driving. Autopilot will resolve this issue for those of us fortunate enough to have it. If only we could get everyone onboard.

If the seats do have the ability to rotate outwards, families could put children in the seats more easily and disabled or elderly people might find it easier to get into as well.

I bet 3 reputation points, (I only have 32) that the 2nd row seats will rotate 180 degrees so that the 2nd row people can face the 3rd row.
I've been hoping for that for a while now but hadn't seen too many speculate about it. T'would be nice, for sure, and different from anything I've seen in anything other than the old custom conversion vans. (edit... and apparently the 2008 Chrysler Town and Country). :smile:

-CB