TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is this a real photo of the Model X 2nd row seats?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by yobigd20, Feb 28, 2015.

1. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

I saw teslarati posted this, is this legit? How did they get access?

7447ebbf5a8c105d26bbd7731102fabf.jpg

2. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Active Member

Judging by the text and the image, they are merely the seats of the second public prototype? Moving of the second row towards the front was already demonstrated in the original announcement too.

3. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

There's been a second public prototype? I have only seen one (which was repainted at one point, but still the same).

4. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

I had previously read somewhere that the 2nd row seats were to be able to rotate/swivel toward the outside opening...
    does anyone think that feature of the Model X will still make it to the production version?

5. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

The rotating swivel seats are a rumor which I think started at a seat manufacturer, so take it for what it's worth. Not confirmed afaik.

The seats in that Twitter pic are consistent with the seats shown on this page, which would still just make it a prototype, not production.

Tesla Model X Sightings and Spy Shots Gallery - TESLARATI.com

6. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Active Member

I don't know about such detail, but my reference was to the circa 2013 white prototype which had differently coloured seats (those seem to be in the picture above) than the first beige build circa 2012. That's what I referred to.

Whether or not all or much of that is just re-wrapped/re-built single car, is I guess beside the point, which was that these seats have been seen and photographed before. :)

7. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

Took this pic in Jan at the Austin event.
    IMG_3305.JPG

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that the production Model X rear seats are going to be very different from anything we have seen so far. Elon has made statements to that effect.

What teslerati posted is just the beta X.

9. 1208

1208 Active Member

I bet 3 reputation points, (I only have 32) that the 2nd row seats will rotate 180 degrees so that the 2nd row people can face the 3rd row.

10. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

I'm calling spades as trump.

11. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Cool idea.

My bet is that the left and right sides of the second row (not the center section) will rotate 90 degrees to face outwards when the Falcon doors open and then rotate back when they close.

Or maybe the second row seats will be split 66/33 and both parts rotate as I described.

12. O-G

O-G Member

Wow, I haven't played spades in years. That was really out of the blue. Maybe if the seats turn around, we can play spades while the autopilot gets us where we are going?

13. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Exactly! That's what came to mind thinking of everyone playing auction/120/hearts/spades/and my favourite euchre while the X is headed for Vegas.

14. Beryl

Beryl Member

I totally envision this -- one of the many reasons I chose the MX is long distance traveling with a few others.

People (like me) complain about folks texting, talking, tweeting while driving. Autopilot will resolve this issue for those of us fortunate enough to have it. If only we could get everyone onboard.

15. 1208

1208 Active Member

If the seats do have the ability to rotate outwards, families could put children in the seats more easily and disabled or elderly people might find it easier to get into as well.

16. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

Sweet. So we're looking at 2008 Chrysler Town & Country engineering. ;)

chrysler_4592975_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

17. yobigd20

If the table doesn't include cup holders then FAiL

18. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

I've been hoping for that for a while now but hadn't seen too many speculate about it. T'would be nice, for sure, and different from anything I've seen in anything other than the old custom conversion vans. (edit... and apparently the 2008 Chrysler Town and Country). :smile:

-CB

19. yobigd20

#19 yobigd20, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    insideev's posted a linked to a video that claims interior spotted but its not what you think, its just another mule spotted and maybe slightly better view from the outside in but not sure how much it gives you over other videos:

Tesla Model X Prototype Testing, Interior Spotted - Video