TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is this a record?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ck867, Aug 14, 2018.

1. ck867

ck867 Member

No reservation. I submitted an order on 08/10/18. Got a voicemail yesterday on 08/13/18 to schedule delivery. Called today on 08/14/18 and scheduled delivery for this Saturday on 08/18/18.

• Informative x 3
  2. arcanexvi

arcanexvi Member

For RWD I presume? If so, there are other very fast turn times on them but congrats. If this is an AWD config I'm irritated ;)

3. ck867

ck867 Member

Yes RWD, LR, EAP, White.

• Informative x 1
  4. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

no ... it's just a giant pissing contest at this time

5. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

8 days has got to be close to the fastest. I was originally offered 11 days post order but it got bumped to 14 days post order.

6. lemonlover

lemonlover Member

We submitted our order on 8/3/18, got a phone response on 8/4/18, and we're scheduled to take delivery tomorrow, 8/15/18 -- so that's 12 days. Not a record, but pretty fast.

• Informative x 1
  7. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

Kind of mind-boggling how much they've scaled in the past year, but they've ramped up to producing almost 1000 cars/day now. The store near me seems to be filling the parking lot to the brim about every other day w/ new 3's

And my suspicion is that they stockpiled to make sure they didn't hit the 200k delivery mark until the beginning of Q3, to ensure the max number of customers would qualify for the full rebate for a full 6 months

• Like x 2
  8. Cloxxki

Cloxxki Member

VIN assigned might lend a clue here. June transit car or fresh off the line?

Seems they made just a few too many of the LR RWD Premium cars. But does everyone know that these are so easy to get now?

9. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Seriously. It’s so easy to get. Seems like Tesla ran out of buyers and have to start making the 220 mile version soon.

• Disagree x 4
    • Funny x 1
  10. strago13

strago13 Member

I've waiting for my VIN reassignment for a LR RWD car and have been for 14 days now. Not everyone seems to get their car so quickly...

11. Arpe

Arpe Member

They could just send them to Europe! :D

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 2
  12. Lasairfion

Lasairfion Member

I think they'd need just a few changes before entering the European market.

13. Cloxxki

Cloxxki Member

Some plug stuff yes.

If they want to sell cars at will, say from a local GF in Europe, they'll have to make versions Europeans want. Model 3 with actual hatchback AND estate version. Estate S and X, why even make a hatchback S? Just a beautiful roof curve doesn't sell cars. And by the time the Euro GF is done, VW, BMW, Volvo, etc, will have great BEV's in showroom. With hatchback and estate.

• Disagree x 1
  14. Cloxxki

Cloxxki Member

I think the truth may be closer to this.
    LR RWD is not what people want. People who are prepared to pay $60K for a mid size sedan will want the options. So D, gotta have. It's likely much easier to sell in the USA/CA 100,000 LR D than 100,000 non-D. Within a few months we'll know, I suppose. But they may just discontinue non-D LR after a while. People had their chance with the Premium interior version. One week deliveries, no reservation. No need to make that for USA/CA anymore. Europe? Only if people spec it.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  15. Linkeds2

Linkeds2 Member

I’m at 6 days OP lol.

Ordered LR,rwd,aero,white on 8/01.
    Got call on 8/04 for delivery on 8/08.
    Called and rescheduled to an earlier time. Finally picked car up on 8/07

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. ck867

ck867 Member

Nice!

17. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

I also expect that long-range RWD is going to disappear pretty quickly. I'm not even 100% sure short-range RWD will end up happening, if Tesla cuts enough cost out of the battery pack design...

18. sdawg11

sdawg11 Member

My friend ordered on 8/8 late at night, got a call AM 8/9 saying they could deliver the next day on 8/10 if paying cash. We were out of town and he had to do the tesla financing (I was with him when he got the call) so he postponed delivery to 8/14. Tesla financing approval came within hours of submitting.

He ordered Black/aero/LR/FSD/RWD, vin is 66XXX, was just built a couple weeks ago and just waiting for an owner according to the DA. If it matters he reserved April 2016, but honestly it's apparent they have LOTS of LR RWD cars sitting around lots. This is the Bay Area hence no delivery time built into all of this.

• Informative x 1
  19. hidingintrees

hidingintrees Member

Did you pay the full amount up front? I had the same config as you... financed through Tesla... and they postponed my delivery date 3 times already.

20. ck867

ck867 Member

I submitted the order as cash. Hopefully no rescheduled delivery this weekend.