Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a record?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of mind-boggling how much they've scaled in the past year, but they've ramped up to producing almost 1000 cars/day now. The store near me seems to be filling the parking lot to the brim about every other day w/ new 3's

And my suspicion is that they stockpiled to make sure they didn't hit the 200k delivery mark until the beginning of Q3, to ensure the max number of customers would qualify for the full rebate for a full 6 months

Reactions: Msjulie and ebmcs03
I think they'd need just a few changes before entering the European market.
Some plug stuff yes.

If they want to sell cars at will, say from a local GF in Europe, they'll have to make versions Europeans want. Model 3 with actual hatchback AND estate version. Estate S and X, why even make a hatchback S? Just a beautiful roof curve doesn't sell cars. And by the time the Euro GF is done, VW, BMW, Volvo, etc, will have great BEV's in showroom. With hatchback and estate.

• Disagree
Reactions: IdaX
Seriously. It’s so easy to get. Seems like Tesla ran out of buyers and have to start making the 220 mile version soon.
I think the truth may be closer to this.
LR RWD is not what people want. People who are prepared to pay $60K for a mid size sedan will want the options. So D, gotta have. It's likely much easier to sell in the USA/CA 100,000 LR D than 100,000 non-D. Within a few months we'll know, I suppose. But they may just discontinue non-D LR after a while. People had their chance with the Premium interior version. One week deliveries, no reservation. No need to make that for USA/CA anymore. Europe? Only if people spec it.

My friend ordered on 8/8 late at night, got a call AM 8/9 saying they could deliver the next day on 8/10 if paying cash. We were out of town and he had to do the tesla financing (I was with him when he got the call) so he postponed delivery to 8/14. Tesla financing approval came within hours of submitting.

He ordered Black/aero/LR/FSD/RWD, vin is 66XXX, was just built a couple weeks ago and just waiting for an owner according to the DA. If it matters he reserved April 2016, but honestly it's apparent they have LOTS of LR RWD cars sitting around lots. This is the Bay Area hence no delivery time built into all of this.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865