Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a reject?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Living in San Antonio, so not far from the Austin plant. Ordered a MYLR on 10 May 22 and until today; my delivery was Nov22-Jan23. Today I get a VIN and a delivery in the next 4 days. It’s a 2022 Fremont build.

This is obviously a reject from another customer, right? I’m shocked I’d even be offered the car, but maybe it’s my exact configuration (LR, blue, 5seat, no tow).

Reject or not?

Living in San Antonio, so not far from the Austin plant. Ordered a MYLR on 10 May 22 and until today; my delivery was Nov22-Jan23. Today I get a VIN and a delivery in the next 4 days. It’s a 2022 Fremont build.

This is obviously a reject from another customer, right? I’m shocked I’d even be offered the car, but maybe it’s my exact configuration (LR, blue, 5seat, no tow).

Reject or not?
I’m wondering the same for mine being delivered tomorrow. I’m not too worried about it.

Reject or not?
Hard to imagine too many other scenarios. It might be a very minor issue that's easily fixed.

Reactions: Sindar27

Reject or not?

Or....someone couldn't' take delivery as planned. Lucky you, keep it under 100.

This isn't a rare thing, and there is nothing obvious about why a car becomes available to you early. Lots of reasons why someone doesn't take a car, such as financing falling through, the person on travel during scheduled delivery window and unable to take assigned car within scheduled time, person moving to another country / got sick / was worried about the economy / lost their job, they wanted a different car model / configuration / brand, on and on... Not sure why you would reject it, unless you found something major upon inspection (or maybe if you're not prepared financing-wise, given the sudden change in delivery date).

Spoke to an advisor about it. She said the other customer couldn’t take delivery. She also told me the Austin factory was starting to produce the MYLR and that this car was from Austin. The VIN I was given was from CA 7SAYGDEEXNF489352.

Either way, I’m out of town, so they skipped me.

Here's a follow-up. Tesla skipped me on VIN 7SAYGDEEXNF489352 and then a few days later VIN 7SAYGDEEXNF481557 popped up in my app. Both are obviously Fremont cars.

It doesn't matter, since I'll probably reject the 2nd car too. Tesla has come down on their trade-in offers.

Here's a follow-up. Tesla skipped me on VIN 7SAYGDEEXNF489352 and then a few days later VIN 7SAYGDEEXNF481557 popped up in my app. Both are obviously Fremont cars.

It doesn't matter, since I'll probably reject the 2nd car too. Tesla has come down on their trade-in offers.
If you reject a second vin without cause (defect in car at delivery) they can cancel your order and keep your money.

• Informative
Reactions: KerryOH