Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this amount of light bleed acceptable?

vanilla44028

Aug 28, 2019
Ohio
Is this acceptable?

Attachments

• 98E6ACCC-564F-4328-BC3C-4A5B22339B7A.jpeg
    98E6ACCC-564F-4328-BC3C-4A5B22339B7A.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Disagree
Reactions: Greghodg

North75

Mar 28, 2017
MA
I think it’s really hard to judge light bleed from a photo. Who knows what kind of exposure the photo has?
My guess is Tesla will tell you it’s fine. Seems to be there stock answer for subjective deficiencies.

Reactions: tccartier

Beckler

Oct 22, 2012
Canada
I think it’s really hard to judge light bleed from a photo. Who knows what kind of exposure the photo has?
My guess is Tesla will tell you it’s fine. Seems to be there stock answer for subjective deficiencies.

Sorry this is the only correct reply here :) You can make any monitor look like that with camera exposure. Which itself doesn't mean this isn't defective but more likely they'd all look that way at this exposure. Put differently, it doesn't look to your eyes as it does in the picture.

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
it really only is evident for the split second that Netflix loads

I think that tells the story. If it is only visible like that for a split second it is probably fine. (It could be that the auto dimming function when a mostly black screen comes up just isn't fast enough for you.)

Reactions: XLR82XS

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC