Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this battery performance normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK thanks for your advice. When you say a leave it at 5% for a short while, how long is it approximately? Should the 5%-95% charging be done in one go or can it be split into 2? Yes, I do notice that in Winter the range is less, however during last Summer the estimate range was at 276km

I get the vibe your car's BMS may have lost track of your minimum and maximum voltages. Run it low, say to 5% or less and leave for a short while. Then charge it high, ie. 95+. Your BMS should then learn the new range.

It may also be due to winter and your battery is cold. Thus it estimates less.
It certainly seems the case. Attached is a shot of my battery performance change after a decent trip in the country a few weeks ago.
CA2B64F0-B937-41C9-90DA-F186BAC44C91.jpeg

My car is nearing 20,000 km too so it's about the same as yours. In the hindsight, I should have recorded my battery performance over years too. I will do it from now. When the lockdown is over I will take the car for a long drive and then charge it up to 95%. I have also been very conservative in my driving, the average efficiency is probably about 130Wh/km.

Reactions: Hairyman