TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is this call legit?

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by K-MTG, Jun 30, 2016.

1. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Got a call from baker electric solar stating that they are calling regarding my powerwall reservation?

They want $13k for the install?? Are you getting calls from providers or is this a spam??

2. K-MTG

Confirmed that the call is legitimate but $13k for the full package? I was expecting it to be around $5k

• Informative x 1
  3. petfansNetwork

I made reservation the night of the reveal and have not heard anything yet. My Solar provider is SunPower. Who is yours? What will you get for $13K?

4. K-MTG

Solar City so I am surprised Tesla isn't working with them.

$13k is everything plus install but still super expensive. Inverter, powerwall, panel, etc

5. quartzav

quartzav Member

What is the proposed array size for the solar panels? Or panel as in sub-panel? SE7600 inverter retails around $1600 isn't it?

6. commasign

commasign Active Member

Why can't they use your existing solar inverter?

7. K-MTG

Apparently it is not compatible, I would be willing to pay $5k to $7k. $13k is too high for the once a year outages

8. Utahken

Utahken Member

Currently only the SolarEdge StorEdge inverter is capable of supporting the powerwall and available. The inverter itself is about $2900. There are 2 other components necessary for about $500. And, of course, the powerwall at $3000. The rest of that is installation and solar system, if you are getting solar panels, and it doesn't sound like you are buying any solar panels. That price is ridiculous!

9. quartzav

quartzav Member

Add to Utahken's point. It's not just any solaredge model inverter. I was told it has to be a SE7600 manufactured after December 2015 in order to be compatible with Solaredge firmware update to bring it to able to accept powerwall. I have a Solaredge but wrong year and model so we will have to wait for the next version.

10. commasign

commasign Active Member