Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this check real?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone else receiving checks and posting pictures be sure to include the entire routing number? It makes them a lot easier to deposit. Thanks! ;)

View attachment 367463
The highest amount is $280 but some have reported receiving slightly higher amounts, but still less than $290.

Others opted out of the class action lawsuit, to enable them to potentially obtain larger refunds in the future.

The extra amount assuredly is simple interest.

Opting out sounds like a good idea until you wait too long and statues of limitations pass by.

Frankly few attorneys would take this case on an individual basis and they'll cost a pretty penny hourly. Class actions exist for a reason.

$284.22 is the highest amount. But this is far from over. This settlement was just for how long your Tesla did not have the AutoPilot features. I purchased FSD as did many of you and if this is not delivered after the first leases start going back you can bet there will be more suits with full refunds and they will have to pay interest, etc.

$284.22 is the highest amount. But this is far from over. This settlement was just for how long your Tesla did not have the AutoPilot features. I purchased FSD as did many of you and if this is not delivered after the first leases start going back you can bet there will be more suits with full refunds and they will have to pay interest, etc.

I doubt it (in terms of being successful, people will sue for anything). This settlement was due to intermediate loss of preexisting features in the transition from AP1 to SP2. FSD has never existed, nor was it sold with a specific time of delivery. If people were going to sue, those with totaled FSD cars would already be doing so.

Is consensus that, even if you bear Tesla no ill will, you might as well cash the check because they are already out the money? Who gets the money if you do not cash the check?

You might as well cash it since not cashing it does not change your status. From: Sheikh, et al. v. Tesla, Inc.
What happens if I do nothing?

If you did not ask to be excluded from the Settlement, you are in the Settlement Class and a check will automatically be mailed to you in early January 2019. You will also be bound by all orders and judgments of the Court. Unless you excluded yourself, you won’t be able to start a lawsuit or be part of any other lawsuit against Tesla for the claims being resolved by this Settlement.

I would guess that if you do not cash it, it will go your your state's unclaimed property department under your name after some period of time.

I received a notice a few months ago saying i was part of the settlement, so its no surprise when i got the check i knew it was legit. I bet everyone else here got that settlement notice too but thought it was spam and just threw it away :)