Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this condensation on my taillight normal? (pic attached)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the rear applique reverse light water fix done. They were just new adhesive gaskets that go on back there around the perimeter of the reverse light.

Unfortunately although they are better than the originals I still have water getting in back there. I'm not sure if it is a question of installation or if they just don't seal all the way around.

Roadsters had fogging in the headlights. The fix for me was to pull the rubber cover off the back of the headlight assembly, hit it w/ a hair dryer, and replace the cover. Has fixed it for 2 years so far.

Interesting. This could indicate that the problem isn't a poor seal, but too good of one.

If warm, relatively humid air were trapped inside the assembly at manufacturing time then when the exterior temperature dropped low enough that moisture would condense and collect on the surface. Opening it up and hitting it with the hair dryer may have replaced that moist factory air with very low humidity air. Now with that dry air sealed up inside there's less moisture to condense. Problem solved.

Might be worth a try for other folks (and Tesla service).

This showed up on my March 2013 S60 a few days after I just had it in for the annual service. I don't think it is related to anything they did, but I guess I will need to take it back over there.

WP_20140322_001 clean.jpg