Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this normal, or an unusual amount of issues for a 3 week old car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah that's kinda a let down feeling when paint or clear coat is damaged due to lack of care when getting it ready. I'd take it back to the SC and note those items. Gary is the service manager and he seemed to look out for all the items I noted.

Mine still has some scratches hopefully I can detail them out in the spring.

Our June 2015 delivered 70D had similar issue with door chrome trim, and pano rattle also developed couple weeks afterwards. I asked about the door trim on first visit and the tech just pushed it in by hand right in front of me and it looked better. That did not give me any confidence in their repair quality but then again it wasn't that much of a deal.

Getting the pano rattle fixed was a feat, took 3 trips and eventually the shop's foreman fixed it, without the silly felt/velcro.

I have owned 70D for about a month now. I was excited to drive mine when i got it. Now that i hear wind noise on the driver side of the window and rattling noise on the passenger side door. I have not paid attention to the other issues abut windows and alignments.

Took a visit for seat belt recall and also addressed the issue for rattling noise and told them I could hear it on the highway not just back roads, the tech drove few miles and said its usual the doors are settling. We had it for a month and drove about 2K miles , I am wondering how long will it take for the doors to settle or should i wait for Tesla to settle with this doors issues ?

Wind noise on the driver side is worse than my other car (Acura MDX), have an appointment by end of this month and I did not want hear the same settling or usual excuses they give.

Any one else with wind noise/rattling noise had it fixed?

Did you get response from the Telsa ? Where they addressed and resolved to your satisfaction.

The wind noise could be coming from the small triangular part of the driver's side window. The service center should be able to adjust it - sometimes the fitment isn't tight against the rubber seal, causing excessive wind noise.

As for the door rattling, never had any rattles from either of my doors :confused: Never heard of the doors needing to settle either. Weird.

Alright, here's the update finally. I just got the car back from service.

1. The hood was not able to be fixed at the service center. They need to send it to a body shop ("Tesla collision center") to fix it.
  2. They fixed the bumper to fender alignment.
  3. They said they were unable to replicate the pano roof rattle, and the car had the most updated "fix" applied from the factory already. (Guess it's time to bust out the velcro...)
  4. The excessive wind noise I was hearing on the passenger side was more than just bad weather stripping. They had to replace the entire window because the glass itself was warped. Seems to be fixed.
  5. I told them that my left front triangle window leaked when going through a car wash. Their fix was to realign the window, and then said "it no longer makes the noise when driving." They were supposed to perform a leak test, not check for noise...???
  6. They fixed the sunken in door handle.
  7. They fixed the front windows catching on the door trim and making the clacking sound.
  8. They could not reproduce my clunking noise coming from the front left wheel area, but re-torqued every suspension bolt possible. I haven't heard the noise, so hopefully it's fixed.
  9. They could not reproduce my seat ticking/hissing noise, and didn't fix it. Will have to fix this when I come back for the hood.
Overall, they took care of most of it, but it is still really surprising that my hood needs to be fixed by a body shop and that my brand new car had warped window glass installed. How the hell does a warped piece of glass even make it on to the assembly line? Oh well.