Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this normal? Or, defect? Leathers seats wrinkle.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned the MR3 for about a month. I just noticed that the front passenger leather seat has some wrinkles in it. It doesn't get much use, especially considering the driver's seat has no such wrinkles. Is this expected? Or, yet another service appointment?

I've owned the MR3 for about a month. I just noticed that the front passenger leather seat has some wrinkles in it. It doesn't get much use, especially considering the driver's seat has no such wrinkles. Is this expected? Or, yet another service appointment?
Just an FYI, but your Model 3 doesn't have leather seats if you bought it from Tesla.

Image attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1349.JPG
    IMG_1349.JPG
    443.5 KB · Views: 2,895
Anyone have any info about the durability of the vegan “faux” leather seats vs actual leather. I’m asking because I had a faux leather couch and the durability was horrible. It started tearing after a few years and then flaking.

On Mercedes forums, I've never heard of anyone having issues with MB-tex (Mercedes' faux leather material) and it's sometimes recommended for those who plan to keep their vehicles for a long time so high quality faux should last just as long if not longer than good quality leather. We'll have to wait and see how Tesla's materials stand the test of time but I wouldn't be worried.

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic