Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this normal: sound from rear a few seconds after opening the driver door?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my MY a few days back and I am learning about the new car.

I noticed that when the doors are unlocked and I open the driver door, a few seconds later a quite loud sound came from the rear, sounds like the car is locking or unlocking the rear trunk.

Anyone have the same thing and can that be disabled? I have until tomorrow to request service for my MY delivery.
TIA.

Hi,

I bought Modal y 2023, I observed a similar sound issue while opening the driver-side door after a few hours in parking. Could you please help me with this? what is that sound and Why it's coming?

Hi,

I bought Modal y 2023, I observed a similar sound issue while opening the driver-side door after a few hours in parking. Could you please help me with this? what is that sound and Why it's coming?
When Parked, Model Y opens the HV Battery contactors to help conserve energy. This sound occurs when you start the vehicle after it's been Parked, and signifies that the high voltage contactors are closing the circuit between your vehicle and the Battery.