TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is this normal? Windshield after rain

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by SSD420, Jul 9, 2016.

1. SSD420

SSD420 Member

Is this normal? This is what my windshield looked like after a brief but heavy windshield-afterrain.jpg rain..

2. krazineurons

krazineurons krazineurons

I was wondering about a similar thing, how does the panoramic windshield clean it self after a heavy rain or massive dust blowout. It's hard to arch all the way up to clean it manual each time.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I have never tried the X windshield wipers, but don't they sweep clean the necessary field of view of the driver? What is the importance of wiping the glass free of water in the upper heavily tinted area of the windshield?

Don't own an X, just trying to understand the concern being expressed.

4. MicTheCat

MicTheCat Member

Seems what the tint on top FWD and top panorama look red from outsider when rain is applied. It will go away when dry again

• Like x 1
  5. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I am waiting for all the scare stories from the public about these psychedelic colors come next winter.:)

6. krazineurons

krazineurons krazineurons

Imagine the roof is wet with water and then you end up attracting a lot of dust on it. End result a dirty glass roof and weird feeling when seen from inside. Only solution take it to car wash to get it cleaned right.. What if I have a few more 1000 miles to get to my destination. That is my concern, not sure what the OP wants to know if the roof is dry.

7. SSD420

SSD420 Member

Yes, they sweep through the area most important to see forward.

I wonder what will happen with the snow in the winter above the range of the windshield wipers?

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Several threads/photos re this in the past - it's the UV coating.

9. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Here's a photo I took last December: uv coating rain.jpg

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  10. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Invisible Glass window cleaner (which is a great product) sells a long reach tool to reach the entire windshield with their cleaner. Works great if then dried with a microfiber towel using the tool. Also, big help to lower the suspension to its lowest setting.

Reach & Clean Tool from Stoner

• Like x 1