Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this normal? Windshield after rain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this normal? This is what my windshield looked like after a brief but heavy
windshield-afterrain.jpg
rain..

Imagine the roof is wet with water and then you end up attracting a lot of dust on it. End result a dirty glass roof and weird feeling when seen from inside. Only solution take it to car wash to get it cleaned right.. What if I have a few more 1000 miles to get to my destination. That is my concern, not sure what the OP wants to know if the roof is dry.

I have never tried the X windshield wipers, but don't they sweep clean the necessary field of view of the driver? What is the importance of wiping the glass free of water in the upper heavily tinted area of the windshield?

Don't own an X, just trying to understand the concern being expressed.
Yes, they sweep through the area most important to see forward.

I wonder what will happen with the snow in the winter above the range of the windshield wipers?

I was wondering about a similar thing, how does the panoramic windshield clean it self after a heavy rain or massive dust blowout. It's hard to arch all the way up to clean it manual each time.

Invisible Glass window cleaner (which is a great product) sells a long reach tool to reach the entire windshield with their cleaner. Works great if then dried with a microfiber towel using the tool. Also, big help to lower the suspension to its lowest setting.

Reach & Clean Tool from Stoner

Reactions: krazineurons