Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this Normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have had my Tesla since 9/20 and absolutely love it. I had to have the bumper repainted due to scratches at delivery. Ever since then, I've noticed a few things and am wondering if this is normal:

1. Under left rear wheel well, the lining kind of hangs off(see photos). Seems wrong to me and seems like water would get inside easily if it were a rainy day.

2. I can seemingly see the bumper clips on the left hand side. I mentioned this to Tesla and they advised me to go directly to the Tesla authorized body shop and have them fix it. Well, they couldn't fix it and told me it's common on Tesla's. I've attached photos for both.

Thanks all.
IMG_20201021_183828.jpg
IMG_20201021_183820.jpg
IMG_20201010_200928.jpg
IMG_20201010_194919.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: hcdavis3 and Parsa5
Have you seen this: Tesla admits design flaw led to vehicle rear bumper falling off when driving in puddles of water - Electrek

If I were you, I would be patient and wait for an announcement to "fix" this.

Now, having said that. You thread's title caused me to laugh. Sorry, but these days, asking "is this normal". Is like comparing today to Bizarro World. Do you know Bizarro World? We did, growing up.
I did see that! But my Tesla was built last month....

I placed a service request regarding this, set to come Sunday. I don't remember seeing this prior to the first service center visit. Curious about other people if they see the clips on the left side of their bumper.

Also, I wanted a title that would cause people to open and read my post. It's kind of a trick question cause there is no normal anymore.

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki
That is not normal. My car came like that too when I picked it up and the service dept was able to fix it. They said the rear bumper was not attached correctly so they had to completely remove the bumper and “reattached” it. Something about the Bumper clips needed to be replaced.

That is not normal. My car came like that too when I picked it up and the service dept was able to fix it. They said the rear bumper was not attached correctly so they had to completely remove the bumper and “reattached” it. Something about the Bumper clips needed to be replaced.
Mobile service is coming to my house on Sunday. Hoping they can fix that! Thanks for your input.