Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read in the manual somewhere that setting a speed restriction automatically applies Chill Mode.
as above

I read in the manual somewhere that setting a speed restriction automatically applies Chill Mode.
You can't set a speed restriction. Search this forum for complaints about not being able to limit the speed.

Edit: Sorry I forgot about Speed Limit Mode. you could limit the speed that way, but you'd need to set a PIN so unlikely to do this accidentally - and it doesn't apply chill mode. Perhaps you're thinking of Valet mode? But again you need to set a PIN, so not easy to do accidentally.

Last edited:
You can't set a speed restriction. Search this forum for complaints about not being able to limit the speed.

Edit: Sorry I forgot about Speed Limit Mode. you could limit the speed that way, but you'd need to set a PIN so unlikely to do this accidentally - and it doesn't apply chill mode. Perhaps you're thinking of Valet mode? But again you need to set a PIN, so not easy to do accidentally.
According to the manual (see post above) it sets chill when you set a speed limit. The car may have been set with a speed limit intentionally I suppose.

I’m not so sure, in valet mode it does the same thing but doesn’t show as being in chill mode.
It does in Speed Limit mode.
chill.jpg

Also there's a great big honking sign that says its in Speed limit mode. :)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Adopado and Skie