TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by A.G., Jul 19, 2015.

1. A.G.

A.G. Member

We got delivery of our S85D at the end of March, and today I just checked the battery pack version. It looks like I have a B pack. I though B packs were very old by that time, and that they were on later pack versions like D and F.

I have attached a picture below. What do you think?

IMG_4151.JPG

Our car also had some other strange things like we got the old "blue" LED's while the new softer "yellow" LED's had been being delivered for a couple of months. Don't know if there is anything to read into there.

2. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

#2 FlasherZ, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    Revision numbers are part-specific. Rev B of part #1055519 is completely different than revision B of the original, single-motor 85kWh pack (p/n 1014114). All of the talk of "rev A", "rev B", and "rev D" packs here are typically of the single-motor 85 kWh packs, P/N 1014114 and reman'ed pack, P/N 1025273. 60 and 70 kWh pack rev numbers are also incomparable with the 85 kWh pack revs.

See the battery table here for part number information:
    Battery table - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Your pack's capabilities are likely the equivalent to the single-motor pack rev E or later.

3. A.G.

A.G. Member

Thanks, I knew that the pack revisions were different for different capacities but did not know it was different for dual-motor vs. standard. Did they deliver any dual-motor A packs?

4. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Unknown, I haven't seen evidence of any.

If I were Tesla, I would just start the part at rev B to avoid the confusion about rev A found out there.