TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is this p85d literally worth 28,000 dollars????

Discussion in 'Model S' started by P85DBeast, Mar 9, 2016.

1. P85DBeast

P85DBeast 3 Model S!! 85D,P85D,P100D

2. BigCity

BigCity Member

Battery alone would be worth close to that new, I've seen a few salvaged ones like this and really wanted to pull the trigger. That is if it weren't with all the issues of having to deal with Tesla for parts and getting it reactivated for use, etc. Saw a 85D for $30k that had been T-boned said no frame damage but both doors would have to be replaced...everything else looked fine.

3. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Would Tesla service centers work on that car once it is deemed salvage? Do they have limits on what they would fix?

4. P85DBeast

P85DBeast 3 Model S!! 85D,P85D,P100D

Idk but if I couldn't afford full price for a S I probably would pull the trigger on this one so the people that are looking for cars should check this out!!

5. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

There was one person on this board who got his salvage S recertified by Tesla. Took a lot of work and back and forth with Tesla to do it though.

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I wonder if wk057 has seen this yet.

7. mshuang

mshuang Member

It's a diamond in the rough opportunity for someone. My guess is that it got writtten off by insurance as too expensive to repair and found itself issued a salvage title and put up for auction.

It looks like it's all front end damage though.

8. VikH

VikH Member

9. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Seems to be in pretty good shape. From the pictures it appears to be mostly bodywork damage, but there's a few airbags to replace. Wonder if the radiator got damaged and leaked coolant or something that led to the salvage?

10. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

Notice that it was hit high on the driver's side. The suspension tower could have stopped whatever hit it and shattered the aluminum frame casting. That would be a big problem. A (competent) inspector could tell.

Nevertheless it'll likely sell for more than $35k at auction, although that second link says it's already sold. Most of those BS auction sites carry cars that are actually at the Copart auction.

11. Btr_ftw

Btr_ftw Court Jester

That particular car went for more than 28k, I can assure you of that.

P85Ds command serious money at auctions. I've seen a few as high as 45k.

If I saw that same car with a buy it now price of 28k, It would be in my driveway

12. Spiderz

Spiderz Member

I have seen the auction of this particular car and I was bidding on it as well. It went for 32500$.

13. sorka

sorka Active Member

As far as I'm concerned, the car is worth the value of the parts that can be pulled and re-used without special programming from Tesla. So $28K seems high to me.