Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this p85d literally worth 28,000 dollars????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Battery alone would be worth close to that new, I've seen a few salvaged ones like this and really wanted to pull the trigger. That is if it weren't with all the issues of having to deal with Tesla for parts and getting it reactivated for use, etc. Saw a 85D for $30k that had been T-boned said no frame damage but both doors would have to be replaced...everything else looked fine.

Notice that it was hit high on the driver's side. The suspension tower could have stopped whatever hit it and shattered the aluminum frame casting. That would be a big problem. A (competent) inspector could tell.

Nevertheless it'll likely sell for more than $35k at auction, although that second link says it's already sold. Most of those BS auction sites carry cars that are actually at the Copart auction.

That particular car went for more than 28k, I can assure you of that.

P85Ds command serious money at auctions. I've seen a few as high as 45k.

If I saw that same car with a buy it now price of 28k, It would be in my driveway

Battery alone would be worth close to that new, I've seen a few salvaged ones like this and really wanted to pull the trigger. That is if it weren't with all the issues of having to deal with Tesla for parts and getting it reactivated for use, etc. Saw a 85D for $30k that had been T-boned said no frame damage but both doors would have to be replaced...everything else looked fine.

As far as I'm concerned, the car is worth the value of the parts that can be pulled and re-used without special programming from Tesla. So $28K seems high to me.