Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this PPF on my MYP front bumber?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to understand what this is on my front bumper. I have the same thing on my rear bumper as well. Anyone would know if this is PPF? I sure did not install anything on the bumpers. My MYP is exactly one month old.

Attachments

• IMG_1302.JPG
    IMG_1302.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,383
  • IMG_1303.JPG
    IMG_1303.JPG
    663.1 KB · Views: 227
Trying to understand what this is on my front bumper. I have the same thing on my rear bumper as well. Anyone would know if this is PPF? I sure did not install anything on the bumpers. My MYP is exactly one month old.
Did you get your MYP new, how many miles on odometer when you took delivery?

It looks like PPF, but maybe repainted bumpers. PPF has some give when you push with something like your fingernail.

Thank you for the response, but it is covering the whole bumper, excluding the sensors. Do you have it on your bumpers?
Like I said, it’s the molding lines not PPF. It’s been discussed before:

You’ll believe me when you get your first rock chip.

try to lift a small corner and cut if off if you're successful
Seriously people need to stop giving false info on here. Don’t listen to this unless you want to damage you bumper and nick off some paint trying to lift something that isn’t there. These are mold lines. Lots of cars have them. Look at different cars next time you’re in a parking lot.

Here is my Y that DOES have ppf and you can clearly see the red line is where the ppf is and the yellow is the mold line.
58851F1D-6DAA-49D9-AB17-BFAB0ADBD915.jpeg

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubbles who thinks they have PPF. When you start getting rock chips you’ll realize you don’t. You guys have been given the answer.

I have not tried this myself. But if it were me, I would put a very fine scratches ion the bumper using fine sandpaper in a small area. If putting a heat gun to the scratches makes it go away, then it is PPF. If not, then polish the scratches off the paint?

That said, I would be surprised if your new car came with PPF. It is a lot of work to apply.

Reactions: Maximus2002
I have not tried this myself. But if it were me, I would put a very fine scratches ion the bumper using fine sandpaper in a small area. If putting a heat gun to the scratches makes it go away, then it is PPF. If not, then polish the scratches off the paint?

That said, I would be surprised if your new car came with PPF. It is a lot of work to apply.
All you’re going to do is scratch and then melt your bumper. Have fun

I'm pretty sure that is not PPF. If you want to be absolutely sure and are looking to get PPF, take it to a reputable PPF installer and have them check. If not, just leave it alone. Picking at it and/or using a heat gun will just make matters worse.

Reactions: Maximus2002
I know this is an older post but what was the outcome? I have similar look on 2023 MYLR and it really resembles a plastic film but it could be just the mold line as I can’t find a similar spot in middle of front bumper.
71B545D8-884E-4C67-8B08-66D28991B0E4.jpeg