Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this really true ?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Truck.jpg

Is this the real concept Tesla tossed in favor of the actual final design?!
If so, I want some of whatever the $%&# the design team were smoking when that decision was made.

I always thought the 1 labeled "reality" looked like revision 3 out of 8 and somehow got pushed back as the final as a joke.
If they really produced a truck that looks like this Concept I'd have already placed an order...

Maybe the buyer demographics / market studies they did show more people actually like the folded cardboard design?

If so WTH is going on with the next wave of buyers, I mean can anyone say they would rather have the current design for anything other than a remake of an 80's apocalypse movie?

So you think the final design is better?....
Yes.

Allegedly earlier design is questionably aerodynamic, with large brick-wall grill and vacuum-drag insets on doors between wheel bumps. Looks like a designer tasked with "what might the future hold?" with little/no actual manufacturing & aerodynamics design.

Yeah, the actual CT is fugly - in a "growing on me" way. Aerodynamics look better, and even if the design doesn't endure long-term it has finally broken some key stuck points in vehicle design, opening the way for subsequent & competing designs to get better performance with lower cost without holding to entrenched bad choices.

At this point, why does this thread even exist? The top photo was proven to NOT be an official Tesla concept. This was discernable through a simple Google search BEFORE the Cybertruck reveal. Why bring it up now? You obviously don't like the Cybertruck design and are looking to circle the wagons and rally any sympathy for your beliefs.

That boat has sailed. Buy your Rivian or Bollinger and more power to you.

Dan

View attachment 506125
Is this the real concept Tesla tossed in favor of the actual final design?!
If so, I want some of whatever the $%&# the design team were smoking when that decision was made.

I always thought the 1 labeled "reality" looked like revision 3 out of 8 and somehow got pushed back as the final as a joke.
If they really produced a truck that looks like this Concept I'd have already placed an order...

Maybe the buyer demographics / market studies they did show more people actually like the folded cardboard design?

If so WTH is going on with the next wave of buyers, I mean can anyone say they would rather have the current design for anything other than a remake of an 80's apocalypse movie?
What on earth are you talking about?
Basic fact checking shows that zero of the published "concepts" came from Tesla - not one.
Sticking the word "concept" on something doesn't magically attach it to Tesla