Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is This Service Typical or a One-Off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

So, My MS had an airbag indicator that was persistent and the driver side trim was misaligned from production, so I called my local SC on Friday to get these 2 items addressed. They scheduled me for an appointment today (Monday) and it went like this. Keep in mind that I live only 7 miles from my local SC.

They drove a loaner out to my house and picked up my car.
They addressed and resolved the 2 issues.
They washed my car, vacuumed the interior, and even applied tire dressing.
They drove my car back to my house and picked up their loaner.

Yeah, I was surprised how quickly they could schedule me but if I had to wait weeks, that was really what I was expecting. However, I didn't at all expect what I posted above and that's why I wanted to find out if this is the norm or perhaps just the spirit of Christmas! ;)

Hey all,

So, My MS had an airbag indicator that was persistent and the driver side trim was misaligned from production, so I called my local SC on Friday to get these 2 items addressed. They scheduled me for an appointment today (Monday) and it went like this. Keep in mind that I live only 7 miles from my local SC.

depending on the SvC it isn't uncommon. some centers are very busy and don't always give the car a good cleaning on return

• Informative
Reactions: theslimshadyist
Hey all,

What?! I used to get valet service but that was discontinued long ago. Now I have to drive mine into the service center. They will absolutely not valet a loaner to us any more. I asked.

Hey all,

Probably typical for your location (Tennessee from your mini profile to the left) since they're likely not inundated. If you're in a location where there are a lot more Teslas, it can be a crap shoot.

Reactions: wesley888
I've always had outstanding service with Tesla SC in Bellevue. I usually decline the car wash if it gets me the car back faster, but that's just me. They've always been very nice and accommodating whenever possible. Scheduling depends on their availability and urgency of the issue, but always reasonable. Service is one of the biggest factors that keeps me coming back (3rd Model S should be here by end of the month).

Reactions: theslimshadyist
Took me 5 calls and 3 emails to get an answer from the Mississauga location. The Toronto location would pick up but not the Mississauga location. Even the Toronto Service center could not get in touch with them. Finally got an answer via email only. Had a fan issue on the screen on the new Model S. 8 days to get me in. They didn't have any loaners so I had to wait about 30 minutes for them to bring me a Jetta which was my loaner. This is after I had informed them that I will need a loaner prior to arriving. They took the car and I never heard from them until I emailed them the next day to ask whats happening with my car. I requested my car back fixed or not fixed because I had to get to a meeting. They gave me the car back at 1pm the next day. They could not wash it as they did not have enough time.

The service manager told me that this is this way because they are very busy. The other location would take a month or more to get an appointment.

Generally nice people but I have had better service at the local Canadian Tire.

I love the car. The before and after sales service from my sales person was and still is amazing.

This was very disappointing. I expected more.

My experience (in Toronto) is that service requested due to an emergency warning on the dash is treated extremely well. Doubly so if the request comes from head office (eg. You call roadside assistance to see if your car is still drivable... or somewhat stalkerish, "they" figured out who I was on these forums after posting about brake problems and had the local service centre contact me immediately. Impressive and creepy at the same time).

On the other hand, I've had calls to the service centre go unreturned** and they are currently booking voluntary appointments 4 to 6 weeks out.

** I live around the corner and haven't tried calling since. Now, I book my appointments in person. I have noticed a tripling in their service reception staff over recent months. I assume this gets calls answered faster. This hasn't improved wait times simply because their modest mechanic's garage is at capacity.

Service in CT had always been above and beyond for me. Only real cause for a delay has been loaner availability because they just don't have enough loaners.

For a roadside issue where I was unable to schedule the visit around the loaner schedule, Tesla set me up with a 5 series BMW from enterprise.

Hey all,

That's great to hear!

Compare your experience with GM handling my recalled airbag issue on my Chevy:

Local Chevy service couldn't or didn't want to deal with airbag recall(this was after making appointment and showing up with vehicle) so I needed to drive 30 miles to closest GM SC to handle. Long story short(i could explain each trip but too lazy), I needed to make 4 more separate trips(wait a couple hours each time) to Chevy SC before issue resolved(I hope).

I think that we can concur that all service centers are not equal, some are better than others. I think the reasons could be that some SvCs are much busier than others and the people working in a SvC have a big impact on the level of service rendered.

Reactions: RacerX
The Valet service has mostly disappeared. It seems like they'll only do it now in most areas in special circumstances (which perhaps includes having a P100D) The only time recently that we've had it was when they broke something else in the car when trying to fix the MCU.

Washing and cleaning are typical of not just Tesla, but pretty much every decent service department these days.