Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this sound... "within spec"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loving my MYLR that I picked up Black Friday. One thing that I've noticed is an interesting noise when I get above 40mph. I've attached a link to a recording where it can be heard starting about 5 seconds in. It definitely sounds like something coming from the front driver's side wheel area, but I can't narrow it down more than that. Mobile service wasn't able to pinpoint anything, so I've got an appointment at the SC Friday.. 2 hours away. Hoping I don't get there and am just told it's normal and within spec, but being my first EV I have no idea if this sound is normal.

Loving my MYLR that I picked up Black Friday. One thing that I've noticed is an interesting noise when I get above 40mph. I've attached a link to a recording where it can be heard starting about 5 seconds in. It definitely sounds like something coming from the front driver's side wheel area, but I can't narrow it down more than that. Mobile service wasn't able to pinpoint anything, so I've got an appointment at the SC Friday.. 2 hours away. Hoping I don't get there and am just told it's normal and within spec, but being my first EV I have no idea if this sound is normal.

What is it that you are hearing? I listened to the clip and all I hear is road noise.

What's odd is accelerating makes it go away. Maintaining speed is what makes it happen. We will see what the SC says I guess..
Grabbed another clip today that's interesting. You can hear the hiss start at about 11 seconds when I move the phone down to the footwell, even though being in the car it was there the whole time I was recording. The fact that the phone picks it up so well down there makes me think it's something in that area.

Did you ever figure this out / did it go away? I believe I have this same sound. Drives me a little nuts. I hear in the 35-65mph range, whether accelerating or decelerating, with and without HVAC. Sometimes it just disappears so it doesn’t seem to be wind noise. I hear it in the whole car.

Last edited: